Mustang is gone...

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Everyone does. The s197 is inferior compared to the s550 in pretty much every aspect...
Except me I guess. As I mentioned in an earlier post, windshield rake angle is my primary complaint. Second consideration for me is the Aircraft carrier length front end and the abbreviated rear deck compared to the S197.

Plus, I like a solid rear axle car. I'm an OG and have driven them all my life and I actually like gettin the back end out once and awhile. I pupped out and got the slush box and it's just not as satisfying as my 13 was.

Yes there's a lot about the S550 that's an improvement.
Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Good luck in the Hellcat purchase, invoice is a hell of a deal. I just got mine you will love it. It's a little heavy on hard braking but so much fun. Once you drive it you won't care about the weight.
Thanks. I already own a Challenger ScatPac and love everything about the car. The Hellcat I'm working on is a Charger.

Honestly, I'd prefer a 2017 GT350, but dealers have gone full retard on adm and I didn't manage to accumulate the $$$ I have by handing it over to car dealers.

In 2003 I wanted a Mach1 and the dealers around here were asking $4000 to $5000 over sticker. I waited till 2004 and got one for under invoice.

There's a local dealer that has a 2016 Tech Pack and they are willing to take $2500 over sticker for the car. I just don't think I want to chance the lack of trans and diff coolers, nor fool around with retrofits.
If it was a 2017 it'd be a no brainer.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I traded in my 15 Mustang for a Challenger Scat Pack. First performance car I've owned that wasn't a Mustang. I enjoy my Scat Pack much more than I did with my 15 Mustang. Next up may be a Hellcat since I'm finding them at invoice all over the place.

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
Except me I guess. As I mentioned in an earlier post, windshield rake angle is my primary complaint. Second consideration for me is the Aircraft carrier length front end and the abbreviated rear deck compared to the S197.

Plus, I like a solid rear axle car. I'm an OG and have driven them all my life and I actually like gettin the back end out once and awhile. I pupped out and got the slush box and it's just not as satisfying as my 13 was.

Yes there's a lot about the S550 that's an improvement.
I respect your opinion! I really do!

However, I find the S550's visibility (from the driver's seat) MUCH improved over the previous generation. I've owned and driven Mustangs since 1979, and the S550 is light years ahead of anything i've owned and driven. Yes, I've driven a 65, 68, 72, and 76. Granted, there's more 'bells and whistles', but, at my age, that's ok too!

My son has an 2003 SVT Cobra (aka Terminator), and his first comment on driving the S550 was, 'Man, I wish mine rode this good!".

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I respect your opinion! I really do!

However, I find the S550's visibility (from the driver's seat) MUCH improved over the previous generation. I've owned and driven Mustangs since 1979, and the S550 is light years ahead of anything i've owned and driven. Yes, I've driven a 65, 68, 72, and 76. Granted, there's more 'bells and whistles', but, at my age, that's ok too!

My son has an 2003 SVT Cobra (aka Terminator), and his first comment on driving the S550 was, 'Man, I wish mine rode this good!".
Being old and bald on top. A major priority is being able to wear either a ball cap or driving cap with the top down. I'm 6'5" and the S197 allowed me to do just that. I could drive at any speed and under windy conditions and the wind protection of the S197 was much better than the S550.

I totally get your points on all the benefits of the improved handling and ride over the previous Gens. But when my hats keep blowing off its time for the car to go to a new hopefully shorter owner. :D

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I traded in my 15 Mustang for a Challenger Scat Pack. First performance car I've owned that wasn't a Mustang. I enjoy my Scat Pack much more than I did with my 15 Mustang. Next up may be a Hellcat since I'm finding them at invoice all over the place.
Yeah, they're ripe for the picking. Chrysler pumped up production to answer the demand and there is now a pretty good glut of cars on dealer lots.

ScatPac is the most enjoyable car I've owned since I bought a new Road Runner in 1970.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Everyone does. The s197 is inferior compared to the s550 in pretty much every aspect...
exactly why I had to talk my dad out of a red with black stripes gt500 yesterday that's for sale at mustang week. told him he'd probably hate it after driving mine so many times. told him to just get a gt or a gt350. if he would only ever actually bite the bullet and buy a damn mustang.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Congrats, man! I've been looking at doing the same if Ford doesn't get this clutch/trans issue worked out for me. :headbang:

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Congrats, man! I've been looking at doing the same if Ford doesn't get this clutch/trans issue worked out for me. :headbang:
Might as well wait and see what GM does with the Camaro ZL1. Should be out here pretty soon. You'd hate to get the Hellcat and then find the ZL1 smokes it. :D

Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Might as well wait and see what GM does with the Camaro ZL1. Should be out here pretty soon. You'd hate to get the Hellcat and then find the ZL1 smokes it. :D
I can't afford a ZL1 or a Hellcat, I was considering a Scat Pack. :lol:

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I've owned a bunch of Mustangs over the years and I'll probably own more. I currently have an S550 convertible and it's lacking compared to others I've owned. The 2013 I had was a better car than the S550.
I'm currently in negotiation to trade mine for a Hellcat. Local dealer is selling them at invoice. I'm burned out trying to find a Ford dealer willing to sell a 17 GT350 for a reasonable price. I get the adm thing. They are all in the gouge mode these days though. Time to move on till the Mach is resurrected.
If you don't mind driving Nalley ford in sandy springs ga has gt350s at msrp 58k on there site if I remember correctly.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Being old and bald on top. A major priority is being able to wear either a ball cap or driving cap with the top down. I'm 6'5" and the S197 allowed me to do just that. I could drive at any speed and under windy conditions and the wind protection of the S197 was much better than the S550.

I totally get your points on all the benefits of the improved handling and ride over the previous Gens. But when my hats keep blowing off its time for the car to go to a new hopefully shorter owner. :D
I'm 6'4 and wear a ball cap with the top down, no problem. I had a 2012 GT vert and a 2012 Boss. I guess it must really come down to opinion because I think the S550 is a better car in every way than the S197. I have an auto and love it. The new programming in these things is a blast with sport mode auto or the paddles or just leaving in reg mode for a nice cruise. It really is the best of both worlds. The IRS still lets you get the back out, but you make the choice of when as opposed to the solid rear doing it on every bump in a curve. I cruise and track my car (Eibach Pro Kit on mine) and I think it's the most 'do anything' car I've ever owned.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
If you don't mind driving Nalley ford in sandy springs ga has gt350s at msrp 58k on there site if I remember correctly.
I was messing around on car gurus last night and saw a lot of GT350's liisted for MSRP. I didn't call any of the dealers so maybe when you call they'll want ADM. Don't know.

If the Camaro ZL1 comes out with 640/640 or something higher the ADM's on the GT350 should go bye bye.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I was messing around on car gurus last night and saw a lot of GT350's liisted for MSRP. I didn't call any of the dealers so maybe when you call they'll want ADM. Don't know.

If the Camaro ZL1 comes out with 640/640 or something higher the ADM's on the GT350 should go bye bye.
I've bought a stang from this dealership I know for sure they'll sale at sticker they have more shelbys than any dealer I've ever seen they had like 5 gt500 in 2013 in the showroom. They have more mustangs than any other ford model at all times and it's a pretty small dealership, when I went my mind was blown lol but ga is mustang country.
Sponsored

Last edited: