Mustang Dyno Numbers

Razzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lani
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So recently had a Vortech V3-JT supercharger installed on my '20 GT. I took it for a dyno session. The first pull numbers were 562/489. the second pull I didnt look at or ask for. The last pull was 575/498. On a mustang dyno, do these numbers seem too low or is it what I should expect? Could there potentially be an issue if that's lower than what it should be(pulling timing, knock)? I was told that it could be that way because I'm still using the stock air box, but I just want to get some insight? Thanks
Sponsored

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT-A10-pp1-ruby red
The set up on my 19' with the vortech v3 jt made those numbers when the passenger cat melted. After installing headers and conservative tune it made 712 whp.

Who tuned your setup? Has it been running the same since you installed it? How many miles since install?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
It's my understanding that the Mustang dyno is considered the "Heart Breaker" dyno. It's termed that, because the Mustang dyno numbers are typically lower than Dynojet. I don't know how much lower the typical numbers are from a Dynojet.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
So recently had a Vortech V3-JT supercharger installed on my '20 GT. I took it for a dyno session. The first pull numbers were 562/489. the second pull I didnt look at or ask for. The last pull was 575/498. On a mustang dyno, do these numbers seem too low or is it what I should expect? Could there potentially be an issue if that's lower than what it should be(pulling timing, knock)? I was told that it could be that way because I'm still using the stock air box, but I just want to get some insight? Thanks
Take it to the dragstrip, that will tell the tale.

RedGT45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You need to include more details on your setup. How much boost? What fuel? Also, did you datalog your dyno pulls? That would tell you if there were a problem.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You need to include more details on your setup. How much boost? What fuel? Also, did you datalog your dyno pulls? That would tell you if there were a problem.
Absolutely. We can not help with the very little information given. If you are running 6psi boost then you are right where you should be. If you are running 18psi on e85 then you have a problem. Really need more information

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Boost+timing values needed......
Sponsored