Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
I posted on the Forum to Buy ARH longtube headers, after a couple of days A member on the forum PM me saying this guy named Adam Chris has the pipe for sale and is a great seller and that he has received stuff from him before in good condition and then shares Adams email with me. I didn't think anything of it but that I got lucky and found what i was looking for. I contacted Adam on his email and he tells me to pick it up from him locally in PA (I assume he knew I was in Texas).
Then I was offered shipping and asked if i could pay with zelle or cashapp. I told him i only prefer PayPal. He then says to pay PayPal friends and family (No protection for the buyer) to save the 4% fees.
This fraudster name Adam knew all about the ARH pipes and the GT350, made me feel very comfortable to send the money via friends and family on PayPal.
I don't know why but last minute I thought of the method this forum uses of the name and date on pics for sale posts by members and I asked for the same to send me a pics of the ARH pipes with the date and my name on the paper besides the Pipe.
obliviously he did not have that, which proved he was trying to fraud member's out of money. Jus wanted to share My experience and hope it saves members from falling prey to these type of frauds.
Sponsored

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Lowlife scumbags. I hope karma pays him a visit in the form of something very painful.
Glad you didn't get taken.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Lowlife scumbags. I hope karma pays him a visit in the form of something very painful.
Glad you didn't get taken.
I hope soo to man,
luckily survived it lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Post up the member who contacted you with the so called lead and the email of the scammer - the MODs will ban both...

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
very very common on other sites

SELLER SAYS MY FRIEND HAS THESE TO MAKE U THINK IT IS,LEGIT REFERRAL

never never never boys and,girls
It's not that unusual on here either. Seems like once a month or so someone is sharing that they were either scammed or nearly so with almost exactly the same scam.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I have experienced this for every single WTB add I have posted on this site. Every time reported the offender resulting in a ban for them. Glad you didn’t loose any $!

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I had someone immediately contact me on the forum when I posted a WTB ad. "yeah, contact my friend who has your item" - um no thanks. Glad they didn't get your money either!

Sponsored

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I posted on the Forum to Buy ARH longtube headers, after a couple of days A member on the forum PM me saying this guy named Adam Chris has the pipe for sale and is a great seller and that he has received stuff from him before in good condition and then shares Adams email with me. I didn't think anything of it but that I got lucky and found what i was looking for. I contacted Adam on his email and he tells me to pick it up from him locally in PA (I assume he knew I was in Texas).
Then I was offered shipping and asked if i could pay with zelle or cashapp. I told him i only prefer PayPal. He then says to pay PayPal friends and family (No protection for the buyer) to save the 4% fees.
This fraudster name Adam knew all about the ARH pipes and the GT350, made me feel very comfortable to send the money via friends and family on PayPal.
I don't know why but last minute I thought of the method this forum uses of the name and date on pics for sale posts by members and I asked for the same to send me a pics of the ARH pipes with the date and my name on the paper besides the Pipe.
obliviously he did not have that, which proved he was trying to fraud member's out of money. Jus wanted to share My experience and hope it saves members from falling prey to these type of frauds.
This made me not want to buy off the forum. Shady people ruin it for everyone.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Someone on here just lost $900 to this exact scam. I remember reading it about a week ago. Identical but different name with zero post count.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
I had someone immediately contact me on the forum when I posted a WTB ad. "yeah, contact my friend who has your item" - um no thanks. Glad they didn't get your money either!
Yup I’m glad bro

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
I have experienced this for every single WTB add I have posted on this site. Every time reported the offender resulting in a ban for them. Glad you didn’t loose any $!
Thanks man , yes I was smart about it

whitehorse5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Super Duty
Same guy messaged me too. Caught him pretty quickly as he grabbed pics off another posting to share with me. Searched the forum for the user name in the pictures and found the pics he copied.. called him out on it and no response afterwards... was prepped to troll this guy all day.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.