Sponsored

Multiple rattles / noises in new 19 GT350 Please read * Anal rattle haters please come in. lol

3Cobras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Auto 3.55s
Hello everyone. Posting this in the hopes that perhaps others may have had same situation and maybe fixed it/them. Yes I searched - but no posts are the same from what I have seen - same goes for Youtube.

Here we go. Would love some feedback as to what you guys think these are.. I am taking to dealer and they better fix these - but I'm curious as to if any of these I can isolate and definitely identify with your help. Thank you.

#1 noise.
Best described as - clutch/TOB/Fork/ maybe driveshaft related noise that increases with acceleration but ONLY at VERY low RPM's mainly in 1st gear and sometimes in 2nd gear if I try to make it happen by having rpms very low ( from 1000 - 1500 rpms). Okay - so when engaging the clutch gently and once fully engaged in 1st gear, and when rpm's are at around 1000 there is a rattle that is definitely in the drive line that starts to make noise and it increases as I accelerate. It seems to go away above 1600-1700 rpms. It's not real loud but definitely noticeable and if I am just easing out when starting off in 1st gear it does it every time. If I am moving slowly, say 20-25 mph and in 2nd gear, which would make the rpms around that low range it does it then as well. ANY IDEAS?? ONLY does it when clutch is engaged and in gear. Noise 100% coming from under car and it is 100% NOT the engine. Maybe a loose exhaust hangar/dampener, maybe a broken metal hanger? But - it ( the noise) definitelyincreases in speed as the car accelerates in rpm.

#2 Noise
Best described as - Rattle in passenger front seat. Sounds like either a bolt that holds down the seat is loose OR perhaps a connector/wire/ something metal is rattling against a framing of the seat etc. Happens basically every time I hit a bump or imperfections in the road. Noticed this on trip down from WI - my son was sitting in the seat and when he would push on the door side of the seat at the bottom on the plastic ( pushing against it) it would stop. I will pull seat out of car and check. I wouldn't be surprised if it was some metal electric pump rattling against the seat frame some how.

#3 Noise
Best described as - Rattle/Vibration in drivers door. ONLY Happens when exhaust is in sport mode and right around 2k rpms ( right where the exhaust starts to growl ( low sounding vibrations) and ONLY happens when door is shut. Basically I guess I'm going to tell dealer to shove rags or some shit in the panel to stop this.

Sponsored

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
I'm experiencing item #2 in my 2020 just as you've described and only when someone is in that seat. Keep us posted on what you find.
I have a similar situation as item #3 but it seems to come from the rear of the car...almost sounds like the spoiler or trunk lid reverberating.
I'll have to say I really don't notice them typically ...I'm just listening to the engine scream and the exhaust wake up the neighborhood…..but my wife notices them. She also wants to listen to the radio. WHAT RADIO?? this car doesn't even need a radio.

OP
OP

3Cobras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Auto 3.55s
I'm experiencing item #2 in my 2020 just as you've described and only when someone is in that seat. Keep us posted on what you find.
I have a similar situation as item #3 but it seems to come from the rear of the car...almost sounds like the spoiler or trunk lid reverberating.
I'll have to say I really don't notice them typically ...I'm just listening to the engine scream and the exhaust wake up the neighborhood…..but my wife notices them. She also wants to listen to the radio. WHAT RADIO?? this car doesn't even need a radio.

Will do - I hope that all are gone. I've owned a 15 GT and 3 diff 03 Cobras - so I know about rattles - in past I have literally shoved rags in areas to stop noises. Whatever works. lol

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Which seats do you have ?

And is rattle # 3 coming from your driver's door, or just ahead of the door under the dash on the side panel close to hood release ?

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone. Posting this in the hopes that perhaps others may have had same situation and maybe fixed it/them. Yes I searched - but no posts are the same from what I have seen - same goes for Youtube.

Here we go. Would love some feedback as to what you guys think these are.. I am taking to dealer and they better fix these - but I'm curious as to if any of these I can isolate and definitely identify with your help. Thank you.

#1 noise.
Best described as - clutch/TOB/Fork/ maybe driveshaft related noise that increases with acceleration but ONLY at VERY low RPM's mainly in 1st gear and sometimes in 2nd gear if I try to make it happen by having rpms very low ( from 1000 - 1500 rpms). Okay - so when engaging the clutch gently and once fully engaged in 1st gear, and when rpm's are at around 1000 there is a rattle that is definitely in the drive line that starts to make noise and it increases as I accelerate. It seems to go away above 1600-1700 rpms. It's not real loud but definitely noticeable and if I am just easing out when starting off in 1st gear it does it every time. If I am moving slowly, say 20-25 mph and in 2nd gear, which would make the rpms around that low range it does it then as well. ANY IDEAS?? ONLY does it when clutch is engaged and in gear. Noise 100% coming from under car and it is 100% NOT the engine. Maybe a loose exhaust hangar/dampener, maybe a broken metal hanger? But - it ( the noise) definitelyincreases in speed as the car accelerates in rpm.

#2 Noise
Best described as - Rattle in passenger front seat. Sounds like either a bolt that holds down the seat is loose OR perhaps a connector/wire/ something metal is rattling against a framing of the seat etc. Happens basically every time I hit a bump or imperfections in the road. Noticed this on trip down from WI - my son was sitting in the seat and when he would push on the door side of the seat at the bottom on the plastic ( pushing against it) it would stop. I will pull seat out of car and check. I wouldn't be surprised if it was some metal electric pump rattling against the seat frame some how.

#3 Noise
Best described as - Rattle/Vibration in drivers door. ONLY Happens when exhaust is in sport mode and right around 2k rpms ( right where the exhaust starts to growl ( low sounding vibrations) and ONLY happens when door is shut. Basically I guess I'm going to tell dealer to shove rags or some shit in the panel to stop this.
Is it possible to add a video or an audio clip of noise #1? I may have had something similar and just created a post asking if anyone has experienced the same. It disappeared after a 30 minute drive to the dealer, but awaiting the day that it pops up again...thinking it is/was a throwout bearing.

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Have a 2019 and I haven't experienced any of these issues. Bring it to the dealer if you feel there is a problem.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Best way to find squeaks is to sit in the car, not running then start working your way around the trim pieces by pressing them and listening. Plus check all the fasteners are seated. When you find a squeak, use a small amount of silicon spray or thin felt to stop it. A dealer will just say they can’t replicate it. It’s a noisy busy place and they don’t have time to really find them.

dboz1983

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150, ‘20 GT350
I have the leather comfort seats in my ‘20, and I have rattle #2 as well. It is metallic and hard to hear sometimes, but definitely there

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Indeed. This beast will eventually bring out some buzzes and rattles. I have a buzz that sometimes resonates in the rear of the cabin around 6200rpm. It seems temperature dependent and I suspect it is the rear deck or the rear seat fold down latches. I need a trunk monkey back there to isolate it when it surfaces. Also my driver's door has a random tick that also seems temperature dependent. I checked the side sill splitter fasteners, but it seems like it is the door card flexing....it comes and goes. Neither cannot be exorcised from my mind by a simple throttle blip and some Voodoo magic.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have none of those noises in my GT350. Well, I wouldn't know #1 because I never drive in 1000-1500 RPM anyway.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I have none of those noises in my GT350. Well, I wouldn't know #1 because I never drive in 1000-1500 RPM anyway.
I whole heartedly agree, windows down, track mode.....Thinking my car is tighter than a new bride.....:shock:

UpTop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am broke
Has anyone with a 19/20 had a problem with the transmission plate rattling?
Sponsored