Sponsored

annoying rattle

williamspaulr35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have a 2017 GT350 with just over 3000km on it. It's fantastic and I love it dearly. The car has developed an annoying rattle issue a few weeks ago. The sound seems to be coming from the drivers side door panel / instrument cluster area. It doesn't start happening until you hit about 80km/h (50mph). I live out in the country and have to travel down a few uneven roads to get home, although I'm very careful with bumps, I'm thinking that something has loosened up. I used to work for a car audio shop and I'm comfortable removing car interior/trim, so I've checked inside the door panel and under the steering wheel area. Any loose cables have been tied up. BUT the rattle persists and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem or if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!
Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Yep, he did a great job covering up them vent holes in whatever component that is. Clearly can see the torx fasteners that attach the mounting plate to the component have standoffs to allow air circulation. Plus the guy just talks way too much.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Yep, he did a great job covering up them vent holes in whatever component that is. Clearly can see the torx fasteners that attach the mounting plate to the component have standoffs to allow air circulation. Plus the guy just talks way too much.
You can definitely adapt a little and not co er the vents. Use it as inspiration:). It helped with my buzzing sound.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
You can definitely adapt a little and not co er the vents. Use it as inspiration:). It helped with my buzzing sound.
Oh, absolutely! No question. But the way he did it was questionable at best. They didn't engineer that component with heat sinking and vents on the back for no reason.

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Oh, absolutely! No question. But the way he did it was questionable at best. They didn't engineer that component with heat sinking and vents on the back for no reason.
Totally agreed there!

OP
OP

williamspaulr35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I should have mentioned this in my initial post, but I've already removed my audio amp and applied the 80mil noico sound deadening as auto fanatic did in his video. I also installed the same sound deadening material to my doors and floor. It did help with road noise but didn't fix the rattle sound.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Check to see if panel that covers the shift HUD lights is seated properly. Mine came up on the left side and was rattling. Snapped back in and rattle gone.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Try this. Reach your hand underneath the plastic rockers on both sides of the body and make sure the pushpins that hold them tight are seating properly(push up hard). They work loose and rattle right around 50-55 mph. They are located in the welled areas of the rocker. Takes 30 sec to check.

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Try holding the left AC vent surround. This is where mine rattles constantly. I've yet to figure out how to fix it. I've placed neoprene tape behind some places but didn't seem to grab the right location.

Sponsored
OP
OP

williamspaulr35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Annoying rattle solved!

Try this. Reach your hand underneath the plastic rockers on both sides of the body and make sure the pushpins that hold them tight are seating properly(push up hard). They work loose and rattle right around 50-55 mph. They are located in the welled areas of the rocker. Takes 30 sec to check.
Key01, this was my problem! .The first two push pins (closest to the front) had worked themselves loose. Because the rocker is close to the door it made it seem like the rattle was coming from inside. Thanks very much, I've been trying to figure this out for weeks.

Thanks to everyone else to responded and offered advice aswell.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Awesome. I had that issue and discovered the loose pins when putting on my jacking rails. The rattle at 50-55 had me going nuts.

Trackout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Awesome. I had that issue and discovered the loose pins when putting on my jacking rails. The rattle at 50-55 had me going nuts.
Thanks so much I have been trying to find this rattle for a year now, I had the same thing and now it’s gone. So glad I found this post.
Sponsored