Sponsored

Multiple custom tune question

Banksc1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Have a custom tune installed by local tuner. He has my OEM tune on his computer. He uses HP tuners software. If I have him email me my stock tune, can I load it on the ngauge and put it back on the car without any issues? Wanting to go with Lund tunes to see if it fixes my issues.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Why waste time asking this question here when your tuner can answer that question via a simple visit, phone call, or email? 99% of tuner devices hold the stock tune on the device. Tuners often copy the stock tune afterward to protect you in the event the tuner device would take a crap.

OP
OP
Banksc1970

Banksc1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know he has the stock tune. That was never in question. The question was about functionality of emailing the stock tune and loading it on an ngauge. He used his computer to download it from the car with his hptuners software. He doesn’t know the answer, so I am seeking it from others who may have knowledge.

OP
OP
Banksc1970

Banksc1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I failed to mention that I don’t currently have an ngauge nor any other device. He tuned with his computer and that’s it.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Whats your issue ? maybe it can be fixed
Also whos tuning your car with hptuner

Sponsored

OP
OP
Banksc1970

Banksc1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Whats your issue ? maybe it can be fixed
Also whos tuning your car with hptuner
Rather not say who is tuning it. Not looking to create an issue with the tuner. My issue is that my MAF pounds per minute is only at 32 through a 3rd gear pull. I have a 15 and with only CAI it was 42 pounds per minute and now I have LTH. I was also getting multiple misfire codes and couldn’t find a vacuum leak. Thought maybe my intake was cracked or IMRC shaft potentially broke. I just replaced my intake with an 18 mani and airflow is still only at 33 pounds per minute. So intake wasn’t the problem. Additionally I can feel the car misfiring when cruising in 6th on the highway. Gets worse with slight accelerator such as an uphill grade. Not sure my tuner can tune for retaining IMRC with the 18 mani. Prior to 18 mani install my LTFT was at 1.10 with STFT at 1.13 and AFR at .82 and MAF #/min at 32.53. I don’t know enough about reading logs, but trying to learn. Figured my easiest route was to go with tried and true Lund tune.
Any insight?

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
If you installed a 2018+ IM on gen2 you need lockout. Will not work without it

Maybe your issue is there ?

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Also maf reading can be bad from your cold air intake. Depending on tube size and turbulence inside

OP
OP
Banksc1970

Banksc1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I really appreciate the replies and ideas here. I have a steeda CAI and that’s what was on it when flowing 42#/ min before tuning. After the tune I am flowing 32#/min. Nothing else changed. With multiple misfire codes I wanted to rule out a potential vacuum leak and searched high and low not finding one. My vacuum at idle is about 15.5. My issues started before the 18 mani install as shown in the numbers in my previous post so I am not even worried about that. The 18 mani install was done to rule out a crack in the manifold as I have read that 15s were prone to and Ford actually changed the manifold design and part number as a result. So only variable was the tune and then rule out something like a vacuum leak or IMRC problem that could have happened coincidentally around the same time as it was tuned. Is it actually the tune? I may be in territory that I know very little about, but might the MAF curve be off and just adjusted to AFR? Seems like I should be flowing more air than 42#/min with CAI and long tubes and after tune my airflow goes down? It just doesn’t make sense to me. Something is wrong somewhere and it’s driving me nuts. So you can see why I might consider getting a different tune. Keep your ideas coming and will check all of them when I get a chance! Appreciate the help!

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I was in a fairly similar position a few weeks ago with my 17. I went with a lesser known company for my initial tune. First tune on it was off - random misfires, on cold starts ran really rough. Sent in logs for a revision and after that tune, the car wouldn't accelerate past 4k rpms, would just bog down. I started second guessing the work i did over the winter to the car (18+ manifold, headers) I rechecked all that and it was fine. I asked tuner for a revision and I still haven't heard back from them. I contact Lund and bought one of their tunes. Soon as I loaded that, car is running mint with no other changes. The reason I bought the Lund tune is I knew it would be pretty close to perfect with my basic modifications and I could at least rule it out as the issue with the car. Any of the major tuners (PBD, VMP, AED) should be the same as well.

OP
OP
Banksc1970

Banksc1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks for the info Kevin. I am thinking that I am in a similar boat here. I keep checking and re-checking and researching and attempting to learn more and more. I may just have to go ahead and get the Lund tune and maybe that will solve my issues. And since I am going that route I think I am going to just go with a flex fuel tune so I can run E85 if I want.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a steeda CAI
go back to a different (stock or reduced diameter) and see if that solves the problem. The Steeda unit has anecdotal evidence suggesting the MAF sensor reads unreliably in their setup. Pity we can't retrofit a blade (reed) valve to prevent or minimize back-flow.
Sponsored