Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Was wondering if anyone has done a manual to 10 speed swap and if so what’s all needed to be done car is a 2019
Search this site, auto owner was missing his old manual. May be you two can swap.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at installing that. Looks the easiest to do.
I would do the shifter bushing first since the Trans Mount Bushing will greatly increase gear noise!! I tried one in my 2014 car and it sounded like the trans was welded to the body and had straight cut gears....NO BUENO!!.

Sponsored

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I would do the shifter bushing first since the Trans Mount Bushing will greatly increase gear noise!! I tried one in my 2014 car and it sounded like the trans was welded to the body and had straight cut gears....NO BUENO!!.
The shift bushing has to be installed from underneath the car correct?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I know this is not what you really want to hear, but you're better (and cheaper) off to just trade in your car for an auto equipped one.
Yeah good luck doing this swap. Will cost A LOT of money and headaches.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was wondering if anyone has done a manual to 10 speed swap and if so what’s all needed to be done car is a 2019
I would do a sequential before I would spend this kind of money on a lowly 10R80

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
The shift bushing has to be installed from underneath the car correct?
Yes........once you get the car off the ground remove two 10 MM nuts and pull the OEM one off to remove the soft foam bushing!! Then install the Polyurethane one in the bracket and finagle it onto the shifter and re-install on the 2 studs with original 10 MM nuts.......20 minute job with younger hands!! Only tighten to about 97 In Lbs!!

I just drove mine a gain and did several 2-3 shifts above 6K and 2 above 7K and they went in quickly and smoothly..........so for me the Poly Bushing is the answer!!

Good Luck!!

Last edited:

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Yes........once you get the car of the ground remove two 10 MM nuts and pull the OEM one off to remove the soft foam bushing!! Then install the Polyurethane one in the bracket and finagle it onto the shifter and re-install on the 2 studs with original 10 MM nuts.......20 minute job with younger hands!! Only tighten to about 97 In Lbs!!

I just drove mine a gain and did several 2-3 shifts above 6K and 2 above 7K and they went in quickly and smoothly..........so for me the Poly Bushing is the answer!!

Good Luck!!
Good to know. The video I watched showed him remove basically the entire shifter. If I'm going to go through all that then I'm just going to put a Barton shifter in, but I'll give it a shot first. Thanks!

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
No No........very simple and inexpensive!!

Also, I have had 3 MT-82's and all worked very well....I found that Redline DCT Fluid worked best in my 2014 car.........put it in my 2019 car but drove very little since my right hip went out but what driving I did was perfect!! I already got the Redline fluid for this car and will put it in at 10K miles if I ever get there!!:thumbsup: :wink:

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, to my knowledge MT82s are not clunky like the 10r80 is when its cold.
I concur. Drove my MT82 car in -35c weather. Nothing funky or life altering to the point where I have to get on the interwebs and complain, complain, complain cause I'm smarter than the engineers who designed it scenario at all.
Sponsored