MT-82 problem?

ktate95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Hi all, new to the S550 and MT-82. I was driving the other night and did a short pull up to about 80mph. I went to downshift from 5th to 4th to turn around and shifter was locked up. I had to coast to a stop and turn the car off and back on, really pull on the shifter to get it out of gear. once it was out of “gear” it was still stuck in 5th but in the neutral position. after putting it back in 5th and taking it back out, it finally came out of gear. started the car and took off like nothing happened. I’ve driven it twice since, No issues. It felt like the shifter linkage was bound up or something. No strange sounds from the trans, clutch seems to be in good condition from feel. I am going to put it on jack stands and take a look this weekend. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! 2019 Mustang GT
Sponsored

OP
OP

ktate95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
The MT82-D4 is know to have shifter fork issues. Plus the stuck shifter sucks.
Not saying you’re wrong because i have no clue as of now, but I was under the impression Ford fixed the shift fork issues on the 2019+ MT-82 D4s?

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I know little about the inner workings of a transmission. I would think, however, that a broken shifter fork isn't going to work again after you shut the car off and yank and tug on the gear handle. I would suspect something wrong with the shifter itself.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Sponsored

OP
OP

ktate95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I know little about the inner workings of a transmission. I would think, however, that a broken shifter fork isn't going to work again after you shut the car off and yank and tug on the gear handle. I would suspect something wrong with the shifter itself.
This is what I was thinking. If something like that broke, it would probably do it again, which it hasn’t.

OP
OP

ktate95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT

Kane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
2019 here, & I'm noticing more of stuck shifters all gears except 5th & 6th, while drive normally.
Not sure what's the problem.. usually on the first gear it stuck the most, i realized sometimes when I pump the clutch few times it fixes it & sometimes it won't, i have to keep yanking it (but slowly few times).
I have McLeod RXT, clutch line, MGW shifter installed, had no issues when I had them installed for server months now, but recently this started especially after driving it for a while.
Sponsored