Sponsored

MT '19 Car of the Year Nomination

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Ah ah ah...let's be careful here. The Camaro was too expensive at the time TO ATTRACT A CERTAIN BUYER. But that was only one type of buyer, not all. The Camaro does have more standard options though and there were a lot of Mustang buyers who liked the basement level trim packaging but still could get a big engine. There's two sides of that equation. And now yes, even most Mustang buyers would say the price of the Mustang has gotten out of control.
Crazy thing is sales are still pretty consistent even with the price increases. I think the base cars are still decent price wise but when you get a ton of options or step up to say a convertiable it’s easy to touch 50k. Entry level price came up a year or two ago from GM as it seemed they wanted to offer a stripper Camaro with a lower entry price but never did. Actually surprised they still haven’t but I guess price isn’t such a major issue at the end of the day.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Note that I don’t have anything against GTs, 5.0s, V8s. In fact I swore I would never drive anything but a rear wheel drive V8. Driven two 5.0 Mustangs for over 18 years and V8s for over at least 33 years straight!

What I rail against is the attitude around here and to be fair at other muscle car websites that just because the car has a V8 it magically becomes a Ferrari or super car. It’s still just a car. I should know as I’ve paid my dues there.

Mustang GT owners that get bothered by my antics are precisely the ones that need a reality check of the fact that these are just mass produced cars and nothing more. Buying a Mustang GT does not mean you are better or more entitled because you bought the car and not a so called “lesser” model. Many went and traded in their Mustang for a GT - did anything change? Did your girl friend become instantly more attractive? Did your dick get longer?

And then there is EV. This is an exciting time for gear heads. After 35 years - for me - something new comes on the scene and it’s faster, so yes I do have a hard on for these cars. A Corvette hybrid (1,000 horsepower) is on the way. A Mustang hybrid and full Mustang EV is on the way. Why talk about a Mustang EV here? Because when cornered Ford will deliberately not deny the plans and existence of a full Mustang EV.

I smile at you guys who bitch about me because I was you years ago. So I don’t hate any of you. But I can have some fun with you guys and I will never bitch about inter-model violations to a moderator here as that has always been a part of the Mustang community. Free speech for all!

Don’t ever change!
I don't understand your argument. I'm no V8 elitist. I've owned plenty of I6, V6, and I4 cars as well as both gas and diesel. I've owned a Mustang Ecoboost. Nothing wrong with it, it's quick and agile.

Sound is a very important part of the car culture to a car enthusiast though. And the GT has always had a sound of its own. And the masses love that sound. I'd rather have a slower car that sings sweet music than something that doesn't sound like anything or sounds like a hamster wheel rolling. And a lot of people share that view on here and in the real world.

Besides that, I have no grudge against EVs, but they aren't God's gift to man either. They have their dark side(how they are made and disposed of) and their downside just like anything else. I'm just sick of hearing you putting EVs up on a pedestal. On top of that, you don't even own one...

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
MT obviously stands for Moronic Tripe now.

How can a car be choppy and rough on a perfectly smooth road? Is he saying the car has actuators to make it bounce on a smooth road? That moron should have been summarily dismissed for turning in that statement.
It’s due to moment of inertia. When you hit the gas pedal to accelerate the car squats back and depending on high different the front and rear suspension behavior is it can rock and bounce the car. Same goes with the braking and letting it go. The car will squat forward this time. This happening on a turn with centrifugal force combined with the moment of inertia can escalate the bouncing. So to answer your question, yes, a car can bounce on a perfect flat road. Lets make it simple and call it body roll lol!

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Besides that, I have no grudge against EVs, but they aren't God's gift to man either. They have their dark side(how they are made and disposed of) and their downside just like anything else. I'm just sick of hearing you putting EVs up on a pedestal. On top of that, you don't even own one...
+1 I might not mind an EV for a commuter car, but right now the batteries are so bad for the environment that I wouldn't consider it.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I don't understand your argument. I'm no V8 elitist. I've owned plenty of I6, V6, and I4 cars as well as both gas and diesel. I've owned a Mustang Ecoboost. Nothing wrong with it, it's quick and agile.

Sound is a very important part of the car culture to a car enthusiast though. And the GT has always had a sound of its own. And the masses love that sound. I'd rather have a slower car that sings sweet music than something that doesn't sound like anything or sounds like a hamster wheel rolling. And a lot of people share that view on here and in the real world.

The sound means zilch to me. When I was young every 50 buck beater was a V8 with V8 rumble so nothing special here. Whenever I heard V8 rumble it meant a trip to Midas Muffler for their rip-off rust through in a year muffler. My last car (LT1) has a custom dual stainless exhaust so that kept it relatively quiet.

I’ve driven many EVs for over a decade and love how they have developed. Drove one yesterday and will be driving another today at 7:00pm. The Corvette hybrid with a thousand horsepower is no fantasy. It’s coming to a dealship near you! IC is the clear and present danger for the environment but batteries will soon evolve and be more environmentally friendly. That is other people’s advocacy. I should wrap up one bit in a few months and then it’s AI and quantum computers. My dad was there for the beginning but I was a kid who knew about this just listening/table talk about Qubits back in the day. So I own this (sins of the father...) and now I have to help clean up that mess. My time here will soon come to an end at mustang6g.com. But I love you all including thehunterooo so keep driving and pushing the limits on the road. Soon it will be all gone with roads populated by self-driving cars.

Lay down a “mean patch” for me!

Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That is why even on my 15GT and now on my 16 EBM I did a bunch of chassis bracing with steeda subframes, Kmember, strut tower and upper K brace, and double adjustable toe links, verticle links, and even jacking rails. My suspension is pretty stiff right now but its composed. Stock it was just too compliant to road irregularities. However the IRS still was way more balanced than my 2011.

I am surprised they had issues with the Bullitt 's handling with magride (is it not standard?).

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
It’s due to moment of inertia. When you hit the gas pedal to accelerate the car squats back and depending on high different the front and rear suspension behavior is it can rock and bounce the car. Same goes with the braking and letting it go. The car will squat forward this time. This happening on a turn with centrifugal force combined with the moment of inertia can escalate the bouncing. So to answer your question, yes, a car can bounce on a perfect flat road. Lets make it simple and call it body roll lol!
I stand by my statement. If there's a problem, it's with the authors driving style, or ability to translate what he's experiencing intelligibly. Either way, he shouldn't be getting paid to write about cars.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I love my 2019, hands down. It's some of the most fun I've had driving around, despite it needing a new engine at just 1k miles. It's a rocket, but it's no track car. The first thing I noticed was how sloppy it felt around turns. I know exactly what he means when he writes that the "rear end that has a mind of its own." I'll have times where I swear it feels like the rear end is going to break loose, but it doesn't. Then I'll have other times where I'll think the car can handle a turn just fine, but then the back end will kick loose. I have an aftermarket suspension and brembo brakes on my old sn95, and will admit that it feels much tighter around turns; the main difference being that it feels predictable. I sometimes find myself missing the feeling of the sn95. It's something that I was worried would happen, but I was hoping would not happen. Now, just to clarify, I'm talking about when throwing the car's weight around. In daily driving, the 2019 is leaps and bounds above the sn95 in ride quality. I can be going 80 but feel like I'm coasting at 40. I will note that the interior also feels a bit cheap. My dad loved it when he saw the car, but I can't help but feel like it'll just snap loose if I hit something a little too hard. Not to mention the nasty gash in one of my cup holder bezels, which came from the factory, that ford refuses to do anything about (it's priority is obviously low over the engine issues).

None of the above necessarily detracts from the car as a whole for me. I don't want to do a buyback, and I don't regret choosing this over the camaro; despite my love for the feel of pushrod engines. It's a different beast, but I completely understand the criticisms that the magazine made. Just look at the finalists, they all serve different roles. The Mustang and Camaro are enthusiast cars, not car of the year cars. I don't understand why so many seem to be hurt over what was said in the article.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I love my 2019, hands down. It's some of the most fun I've had driving around, despite it needing a new engine at just 1k miles. It's a rocket, but it's no track car. The first thing I noticed was how sloppy it felt around turns. I know exactly what he means when he writes that the "rear end that has a mind of its own." I'll have times where I swear it feels like the rear end is going to break loose, but it doesn't. Then I'll have other times where I'll think the car can handle a turn just fine, but then the back end will kick loose. I have an aftermarket suspension and brembo brakes on my old sn95, and will admit that it feels much tighter around turns; the main difference being that it feels predictable. I sometimes find myself missing the feeling of the sn95. It's something that I was worried would happen, but I was hoping would not happen. Now, just to clarify, I'm talking about when throwing the car's weight around. In daily driving, the 2019 is leaps and bounds above the sn95 in ride quality. I can be going 80 but feel like I'm coasting at 40. I will note that the interior also feels a bit cheap. My dad loved it when he saw the car, but I can't help but feel like it'll just snap loose if I hit something a little too hard. Not to mention the nasty gash in one of my cup holder bezels, which came from the factory, that ford refuses to do anything about (it's priority is obviously low over the engine issues).

None of the above necessarily detracts from the car as a whole for me. I don't want to do a buyback, and I don't regret choosing this over the camaro; despite my love for the feel of pushrod engines. It's a different beast, but I completely understand the criticisms that the magazine made. Just look at the finalists, they all serve different roles. The Mustang and Camaro are enthusiast cars, not car of the year cars. I don't understand why so many seem to be hurt over what was said in the article.
I think what your describing might be the advance trac, which is imo, is overly aggressive. I think Ford was worried too many newbs would be snapped sideways into next week, which this car is definitely capable of.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but can you post anything else than GM bashing? Just take a loot at your post history in the last few weeks...

Remember that this is Car of the Year, not Best drivers car. It's not about the best performance for the bucks, but maybe more about which new car stand out the most. The Bolt won 2017
I don't have to loot at anything and it's been more than just a few weeks

The buying public doesn't give a rats ass at car of the year the fact is Mustang and the 12 year old barge Challenger is kicking camaros ass in sales All fact no brag

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
To many c6g assholes on this site
Why did this thread turn into Camaro bashing? Oh, I know why; it’s the same handful of people who post the same senseless crap. This site is what makes it so hard for me to pull the trigger on a Mustang. Same goes for the Camaro sites. The thought of running into these sort of people disappoints me so much...

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
MT will test the base, manual GT and complain, then compare it to an SS 1LE with 10 sp. auto.

That’s how they roll.
And of course they would zoom in on the handling - which is a compromise they purposely selected... it’s a CONVERTIBLE! It’s missing a huge percentage of rigidity by design...

The stupidity never ends over there.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Why did this thread turn into Camaro bashing? Oh, I know why; it’s the same handful of people who post the same senseless crap. This site is what makes it so hard for me to pull the trigger on a Mustang. Same goes for the Camaro sites. The thought of running into these sort of people disappoints me so much...
If you are basing a car purchase off a fourm then you wouldn’t buy any car.
Sponsored