Sponsored

MT '19 Car of the Year Nomination

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Pretty sure when it’s compared to the overpriced 350 no one uses the 1LE MSRP price. I know you don’t go on C6G much but that is how it commonly works.
By "this kind of performance", I simply mean raw numbers. Lap times, 0-60, 1/4 mile, lateral Gs, etc.

The FoRS comes nowhere near the 2018 in any of those aspects, and does not have near as good interior quality. It's a decent car for it's segment, but no competition for the Mustang

I always love seeing your absurd statement trying to cut down GTs
Dude has some weird thing against them lol

I think he hates them more than blaqhole and that's saying something.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a strange “love/hate” relationship in the Mustang community. Like a girl I once dated; truly messed up in the head but she could cook and the sex was alright. With me the cooking is the big thing. Yup Iif she can cook - I overlook EVERYTHING!

Looks may age. Sex may whither. But if she can cook - you - are set for life!
I do all the cooking in my house, but my wife is a dime, has a good job, and doesn't get mad at me for spending money on toys. Plus, she does all the dishes after I dirty them up with my cooking. Can you say DREAM TEAM?? :cheers:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Th

They probably already did....... in the Camaro.
Haha Loved it in the camaro. If they ever test it in a mustang. MT reports the 10 speed in the mustang is harsh. Hunts for gears. And the transmissions tuning is far inferior to GMs!

OP
OP
McGruder

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
Other than minor damper tuning changes, nope.
Not according to MT:

"Yes, that's right. Every trim level of the 2018 Ford Mustang is available with MagneRide dampers, which are now part of the optional Performance package regardless of the engine choice. Additionally, all refreshed Mustangs get new shock absorbers, a new cross-axis joint in the rear suspension and improved stabilizer bars for better ride and handling."

https://www.motortrend.com/news/11-significant-changes-refreshed-2018-ford-mustang/

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not according to MT:

"Yes, that's right. Every trim level of the 2018 Ford Mustang is available with MagneRide dampers, which are now part of the optional Performance package regardless of the engine choice. Additionally, all refreshed Mustangs get new shock absorbers, a new cross-axis joint in the rear suspension and improved stabilizer bars for better ride and handling."

https://www.motortrend.com/news/11-significant-changes-refreshed-2018-ford-mustang/
Marketing. They're incredibly small changes, and the cross axis joint was there before the refresh too. Anyone thinking that there's a significant difference in the suspension hardware pre and post refresh other than the Magneride option is mistaken. Small, incremental improvements, certainly.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
And Mustang is still kicking camaros ass in sales.
Sorry but can you post anything else than GM bashing? Just take a look at your post history in the last few weeks...

I agree $50k is a lot of money, but if I were reviewing a car I would be comparing that price to the competition. I'm not sure what else I can get that is a 2 door, front engine, RWD performance vehicle with a V8 for a lot less money. And the GT starts at around $36K, so if cost is a huge deal to the buyer the car is available for a lot less money.

I think Mustang prices are on par with the competition, so I really don't understand the criticism in a car review.
Remember that this is Car of the Year, not Best drivers car. It's not about the best performance for the bucks, but maybe more about which new car stand out the most. The Bolt won 2017

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Sorry but can you post anything else than GM bashing? Just take a loot at your post history in the last few weeks...

Remember that this is Car of the Year, not Best drivers car. It's not about the best performance for the bucks, but maybe more about which new car stand out the most. The Bolt won 2017
EcoVert gets fired up by C6G.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The host on the new show Proving Ground said the Mustang GT with PP was the best performance car under 50 thousand dollars.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Interesting. I didn't know that the Bolt won COTY. I see that it starts at about the same price as a Mustang GT.

IMO Bolt doesn't "stand out the most". It's just another econo-box looking vehicle. But I understand what you are saying - General Motors Trend certainly wasn't using a criteria like most fun for the money, good interior, great styling, awesome performance etc. when they chose the Bolt. They were using some other oddball nonsensical criteria.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Pretty sure when it’s compared to the overpriced 350 no one uses the 1LE MSRP price. I know you don’t go on C6G much but that is how it commonly works.

Dude has some weird thing against them lol

I think he hates them more than blaqhole and that's saying something.
And he gets a boner for an EV, ANY EV lol

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
And he gets a boner for an EV, ANY EV lol

Note that I don’t have anything against GTs, 5.0s, V8s. In fact I swore I would never drive anything but a rear wheel drive V8. Driven two 5.0 Mustangs for over 18 years and V8s for over at least 33 years straight!

What I rail against is the attitude around here and to be fair at other muscle car websites that just because the car has a V8 it magically becomes a Ferrari or super car. It’s still just a car. I should know as I’ve paid my dues there.

Mustang GT owners that get bothered by my antics are precisely the ones that need a reality check of the fact that these are just mass produced cars and nothing more. Buying a Mustang GT does not mean you are better or more entitled because you bought the car and not a so called “lesser” model. Many went and traded in their Mustang for a GT - did anything change? Did your girl friend become instantly more attractive? Did your dick get longer?

And then there is EV. This is an exciting time for gear heads. After 35 years - for me - something new comes on the scene and it’s faster, so yes I do have a hard on for these cars. A Corvette hybrid (1,000 horsepower) is on the way. A Mustang hybrid and full Mustang EV is on the way. Why talk about a Mustang EV here? Because when cornered Ford will deliberately not deny the plans and existence of a full Mustang EV.

I smile at you guys who bitch about me because I was you years ago. So I don’t hate any of you. But I can have some fun with you guys and I will never bitch about inter-model violations to a moderator here as that has always been a part of the Mustang community. Free speech for all!

Don’t ever change!

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
MSRP for 1SS 1LE and Base GT PP2 are both around $45, not under $40k. But it's kind of funny how most people say the 2016 Camaro was too expensive, but now that the Mustang increased the pricing to a similiar level the understanding that $50k is a lot of money for a car is gone.

Ah ah ah...let's be careful here. The Camaro was too expensive at the time TO ATTRACT A CERTAIN BUYER. But that was only one type of buyer, not all. The Camaro does have more standard options though and there were a lot of Mustang buyers who liked the basement level trim packaging but still could get a big engine. There's two sides of that equation. And now yes, even most Mustang buyers would say the price of the Mustang has gotten out of control.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Antics? More like the same retardation I’ve read on here for years. Guess what I owned a V6 so keep saying that silly stuff. You are actually the first person I have to block on here.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
By "this kind of performance", I simply mean raw numbers. Lap times, 0-60, 1/4 mile, lateral Gs, etc.

The FoRS comes nowhere near the 2018 in any of those aspects, and does not have near as good interior quality. It's a decent car for it's segment, but no competition for the Mustang
In anything other than perfect dry conditions the RS would most likely beat it....kind of obvious but conditions do change.
Sponsored