MPGs dropping significantly (Eco PP)

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Has anyone else noticed their MPGs dropping?

I run 93 octane always. I always drive the same highways to work (46 miles, 40 are highway). I used to get around 28 mpg in spirited driving on any given day. With cruise set and in snow/wet on one trip i had gotten almost 35 mpg.

This last week (2 tanks of gas) I am only getting 21 mpg.

I am not differing my driving in any way.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

m4udin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I run 21.6 mpg constantly, have been since I got my tune. My driving being 95% city stop and go.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Might be the gas, I switched from my normal place twice and my MPG went down 3-4mpg, went back to my usual and it jumped back to the norm once again.

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Did you just get an oil change? On my GTI I usually lose a coue MPG after an oil change, and it gradually creeps back as the oil ages.

-T
This is kind or the opposite of what i think is going on with my car. Im starting to loose mpg and i was thinking its because im at 5k and my oil needs to be changed soon. ill probably inflate the tires to 42 psi :p that's what they were at when i got it an i was getting 33 highway even with the performance package.

Sponsored

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Did you notice any performance loss or anything odd along with the lower mpg?

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
This is kind or the opposite of what i think is going on with my car. Im starting to loose mpg and i was thinking its because im at 5k and my oil needs to be changed soon. ill probably inflate the tires to 42 psi :p that's what they were at when i got it an i was getting 33 highway even with the performance package.
42psi??? isn't that a bit high. Doesn't ford recommend 32psi?

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Tire pressure is at 32Psi. Did an oil change at 3.5K (synthetic blend crap) now at 5K miles. Getting 28mpg (same as before). Plan to change oil at 6K to Pennzoil ultra synthetic 5w-30. We will see how MPG are after oil change.

OP
OP

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
I thought I read a post about some sort of exhaust leak as well and that their mpg went down and with replacement/tightening it went back up .... But can't find it. I don't think is was TSB but was something else.

Sponsored

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
You sure you aren't driving any differently? I drive with the Fuel Economy gauge up to help curb my occasional lead foot. It's fairly accurate as to what kind of mileage you should be expecting.

Boosting Stangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Competition Orange
Has anyone else noticed their MPGs dropping?

I run 93 octane always. I always drive the same highways to work (46 miles, 40 are highway). I used to get around 28 mpg in spirited driving on any given day. With cruise set and in snow/wet on one trip i had gotten almost 35 mpg.

This last week (2 tanks of gas) I am only getting 21 mpg.

I am not differing my driving in any way.

Any suggestions?

I'm assuming your last two fill ups are from the same station. More than likely it's the fuel you're using and could be a bad batch. I've tried 6 different stations 93 octane with all different results. However, not scientific because everyday is a new situation with temperature, humidity effecting how the fuel burns. In my own experience, for whatever reason, Mobil Exxon seems to be the better gas for Ford cars. In decades past to the present this Mustang is no different. Just my observation.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
The fuel gauge thing helps, my comutes are mostly highway and ive stayed at 34 mpg if i stick it in D and stay at or under speed limit. Im tuned and have mods
Sponsored