Sponsored

MP Concepts Deck Lid Panel.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used the MP Concepts plain deck lid panel ?

If you have, I would be particularly interested in your comments on the following :

A) Fit and finish when compared to the OE ford panel.

B) Resilience of the finish to scratches and marring when compared to the OE ford panel.

I know Ford Performance have a blank deck lid panel but the current version has the two lines in it, I prefer it without the lines (maybe that option will become available again based on the Mach 1 panel ?) :sunglasses:

Thanks for any replies :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I don't have this deck lid but Accelatec looks identical and has held up great. I have MP Concepts upper and lower grilles and they're also holding up very well.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Has anyone used the MP Concepts plain deck lid panel ?

If you have, I would be particularly interested in your comments on the following :

A) Fit and finish when compared to the OE ford panel.

B) Resilience of the finish to scratches and marring when compared to the OE ford panel.

I know Ford Performance have a blank deck lid panel but the current version has the two lines in it, I prefer it without the lines (maybe that option will become available again based on the Mach 1 panel ?) :sunglasses:

Thanks for any replies :like:

I believe the blank deck panel from 2015 - 2020 are the same. The lines were added in 2018.
I got a blank one with my car from Steeda. You might want to look at an earlier than 18 replacement panel from Ford.

If you haven’t seen the MMD on American Muscle’s site they have a video of the install as well as a hundred and something reviews. Note they say theirs fits a 2015-2020 Mustang. (That’s why you would think an OEM Ford panel from 2015-2017 would be a direct fit without the lines).

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-full-replacement-decklid-panel-gloss-black-15117.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the blank deck panel from 2015 - 2020 are the same. The lines were added in 2018.
I got a blank one with my car from Steeda. You might want to look at an earlier than 18 replacement panel from Ford.

If you haven’t seen the MMD on American Muscle’s site they have a video of the install as well as a hundred and something reviews. Note they say theirs fits a 2015-2020 Mustang. (That’s why you would think an OEM Ford panel from 2015-2017 would be a direct fit without the lines).

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mp-concepts-full-replacement-decklid-panel-gloss-black-15117.html
Thank you :like:

I think the main problem is that ford don't make the blank (without lines) panel anymore and / or Ford performance have stopped pinching it from the production line before the badges are put in.

Ford performance now pinch the 2018+ blank (with lines) panel from the production line and supplies of the fully blank ford panels (without lines and without holes / badges) now seem to have dried up.

Mach 1 is without the lines again (maybe other 2021's ?), so maybe ford performance will start pinching the (in my opinion) nicer panel again - fingers crossed ...

In the meantime I seem to be stuck with aftermarket and as I am in the UK, with very limited options.

MP concepts is the blank panel that Steeda UK sell and its also the panel chosen by Nemesis (probably the biggest source of aftermarket mustang bits in the UK).

Other than eBay (crap ?) we don't get many other choices over here and what we do get, is a lot higher cost than your offerings over there ... :frown:

I think the MP panel is really my only current option - hence my questions on fit and durability etc when compared to the OE ford offering.

Please shout up if anyone else can help or if I've misunderstood / got old info etc in anything I have written above :like:

Cheers,

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

I think the main problem is that ford don't make the blank (without lines) panel anymore and / or Ford performance have stopped pinching it from the production line before the badges are put in.

Ford performance now pinch the 2018+ blank (with lines) panel from the production line and supplies of the fully blank ford panels (without lines and without holes / badges) now seem to have dried up.

Mach 1 is without the lines again (maybe other 2021's ?), so maybe ford performance will start pinching the (in my opinion) nicer panel again - fingers crossed ...

In the meantime I seem to be stuck with aftermarket and as I am in the UK, with very limited options.

MP concepts is the blank panel that Steeda UK sell and its also the panel chosen by Nemesis (probably the biggest source of aftermarket mustang bits in the UK).

Other than eBay (crap ?) we don't get many other choices over here and what we do get, is a lot higher cost than your offerings over there ... :frown:

I think the MP panel is really my only current option - hence my questions on fit and durability etc when compared to the OE ford offering.

Please shout up if anyone else can help or if I've misunderstood / got old info etc in anything I have written above :like:

Cheers,

The 2018+ panel is horrible for the spider webbing - don’t look at it too long either, it spider webs just glancing at it! LOL....

I put a DIY up in the detailing sub-forum on here a while back with info on how to remove the slider webbing and getting it back to new.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/trunk-lid-appliqué-scratch-repair-diy.122441/

Ford Performance for whatever reasons unknown to us stopped the 2015-2017 “blank” panel even before 2018’s came out, which was a bummer because that panel was highly sought after.

Even if you do find one of the older Ford Perf panels, they were still being sold used upwards of $150...

I’ve found to find anything on eBay anymore you have to really narrow down search terms otherwise you get a lot of garbage that is not what you need.... So try searching “2015 rear deck panel” (that will usually bring in anything 2015-2020 as well) or “Mustang rear deck panel” and you can get some hits. :)

Best of luck WD!

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Cheers,

I believe you are correct I looked up an OEM one for a 2017 Mustang and the one Ford would send you would have the lines now. If Steeda put the MMD one on my car I would have to say I can’t tell. Funny though Steeda was putting their lettering over the lines in 2018 and I didn’t like the look. When they did my car I asked if they could use the blank ones they used on the 2017’s they just said sure no problem. Also lots of good reviews on the American Muscle site. I think you will be happy.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey OP,

I went with a MP Concepts blank decklid panel. I like the cleaner look of it.

A. The fit and finish isn't quite OEM but really good for a $150 part (or whatever it was)
B. The material is actually kind of similar to the OEM material, Soft AF! You'll definitely want to take care of it. With that being said I've had mine on for at least a year and knowing what I learned from the stock one, this one still looks fairly new.

20201022_131712.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions. :like:

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
I don't have this deck lid but Accelatec looks identical and has held up great. I have MP Concepts upper and lower grilles and they're also holding up very well.
I have the Accelatec too and the fit/finish was on point. Much more resilient to scratching compared to OEM as well.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny after looking at the AM site I see you can get the panel painted to match the car. Didn’t think it would look that good but after looking at the pics that people have sent in I kinda like the idea.

olor=178,212,63&gloss=20&wid=640&hei=480&sharpen=1.jpg

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback guys - really appreciated :sunglasses:

Sounds like the Accelatec may be the better option if going aftermarket - but it's difficult to get hold of in the UK ... :frown:

Out of interest and with the launch of the Mach 1, I've contacted Ford Performance to see if they have any plans to bring the blank completely flat deck lid back - I will keep this thread updated if / when they get back to me :like:

Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I picked this one up on ebay for under$70 .fits like OEM..Did some ceramic coating on ..holding up great with no scratches ..super fash shipping as well ..had like in two days.
Screenshot_20201023-063303_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20201023-063318_eBay.jpg
20201023_063858.jpg
20201023_063919.jpg

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I've had one on my old ecoboost. Fit and finish is good and it felt like the OEM part I was replacing.

The only difference was that there wasn't any of the weather sealing rubber parts on it.
Sponsored