Sponsored

Motor Trend Test 2020 Corvette C8, 0-60MPH in 3.17 seconds (Video)

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Don't remember which review, but one of them mentioned no issues with heat. I think all the track tests were done with the Z51 that has the extra cooling. After the C7 Z06 debacle I don't think GM is going to let that happen again.

I hope Ford got the cooling for the GT500 right.
But has GM come out and literally all but guaranteed it? (Ford seems to have, IIRC)
I don't like the 500 weight either, but if a lot of it is there to allow
you to push it as hard and as long, like you were in an actual race,
that could be a difference you don't get on the lighter, cheaper car.
(and I'm not saying most would even need that or have that ability/
endurance themselves)........
Sponsored

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
  • 107: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 99 in North America and eight at Le Mans.
The Vette has more racing heritage than any Ford. And nah, no need to stamp some old guys name on the car just to make other old guys feel special.
Well,Garbage Motors stayed in racing when FORD did not. Even when the Gigantic Mistake went BANKRUPT, and got money they stayed in racing and kept on developing. :crackup::cwl:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
  • 107: Victories worldwide for Corvette Racing – 99 in North America and eight at Le Mans.
The Vette has more racing heritage than any Ford. And nah, no need to stamp some old guys name on the car just to make other old guys feel special.
I didn't think you would have a name for me. Not sure what ageism has to do with heritage, but if you prefer number/alphabet soup naming, GM is delivering.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Wow. The hate is making people blind. People complaining about the C8 interior even the base 1lt model, i would advise to see it in person. In no ways it is a crappy interior. Even in the base trim, the material quality is miles ahead from the C7 and C6. The door panels, speaker covers, details on the steering wheel, feel of the rectangle f1 style leather steering wheel, digital main gauge clusters, gt1 leather seats, bose audio. This is on a base 1lt car.

On a base mustang you get cheap hard plastic everywhere, cloth seats ,2x2 inch lcd screen on a radio and manual climate controls can’t even tell what temp it is inside. Same interior will be in a base GT500 without the tech package i m pretty sure.

GM also took the divider center console design straight up from the Bugatti Chiron. It separates the driver and the passenger gives it a unique driver oriented cockpit setup. This is beyond getting spoiled in my opinion.

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I hope the irony isn't lost on people that in a thread about Corvettes, there's a comment about another vehicle "making old guys feel special".

Hahahaha, JFC ...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nope much better to open up a can of alphabet soup. Put a spoon full in your mouth. Then spit out a bunch of random letters ZL1...1Le..E..I..E..I..O.:)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and manual climate controls can’t even tell what temp it is inside
I don't seem to have a problem with that. I'm either hot (sweating), cold (shivering), or comfy.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
The 1LT C8 will more than likely contain better materials, fit, finish, and amenities than the top GT500. And it should since it’s a brand new generation car. It is a bargain for the price.

MT said they liked the interior of the 3LT more than the 911 they compared it to.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
I don't seem to have a problem with that. I'm either hot (sweating), cold (shivering), or comfy.
I don’t have a problem not having automatic windows too. I don’t mind cranking the handle to open and close windows.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I don’t have a problem not having automatic windows too. I don’t mind cranking the handle to open and close windows.
I don't mind not having a windshield, I just hate it when the horse farts and I can smell it in the carriage.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
I don't mind not having a windshield, I just hate it when the horse farts and I can smell it in the carriage.
Lol. Windshield on the side if you look at the bright side, not having electric motors for windows and seat adjustments should save you some good amount of weight.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
not having electric motors for windows and seat adjustments should save you some good amount of weight.
it's only a few pounds. I want to meet the orangutan who decided the placement of the Mustang window controls. At least GM appears to employ humans with firing neurons.

Ok, back on topic...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What's the problem? They are perfectly fine.
Yeah, I was kind of wondering the same[?] I read this earlier, and then washed my car this afternoon and gave them some extra consideration. Door armrest, easy to find without looking, decent switches, seems like a pretty standard implementation.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
it's only a few pounds. I want to meet the orangutan who decided the placement of the Mustang window controls. At least GM appears to employ humans with firing neurons.

Ok, back on topic...
Ya the same dumb asses who decided the center ac vents need to be at the bottom of the center stack so they can freeze your belly button.
Sponsored