Sponsored

Motor Oil Price

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Tried finding OPs original price on a search with no luck. Even went to my “order again” tab and it‘s a good price at $27.48 for 5 quart bottle but not OP cheap. Cheaper than when I bought some last December, will pick some up even for that price.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That’s what happens when a good deal is posted and most likely the “deal” pricing was incorrect or a mistake… then mass hits occur on the product which throws a flag…. Zap, there goes the find and good deal….

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Oh so you are one of the unicorns? Maybe I should switch to motorcraft full-syn. I have always used the synthetic blend and all my Coyotes have ticked as expected. But I might just do it for research purposes.
I had read about the tick prior to purchasing, this is my first Mustang/Coyote so no previous comparison but at autox and track events other Mustang owners have mentioned how quite my engine is at idle? I don’t do anything special, OEM filter and the full-syn 5w30 … I usually have about 2k miles/120hrs on the oil when it gets changed (usually around 50% on the oil-life-indicator) but that’s because I change it after a full track weekend since the manual lists that in the “track driving” section …. And I just like to have that paper trail while the car is under warranty.

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
Tried finding OPs original price on a search with no luck. Even went to my “order again” tab and it‘s a good price at $27.48 for 5 quart bottle but not OP cheap. Cheaper than when I bought some last December, will pick some up even for that price.
Yeah, the best price I could get was $26.20ea buying 4+ of the 5qt jugs. It did show me I bought it in March 2020 for $22.11 so maybe it was a sale that just ended?

IMG_6814.jpeg

Today :
IMG_6813.png

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon rigs their store. Not only do prime members pay more for the same item, the price can change minute by minute as the algorithm seeks to increase profit.

There may have been a qty trigger, but more like it got flagged and pulled.

Either way I just use Costco dexos 5w30.

Sponsored

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil (5-Quart, Case of 3) https://a.co/d/gp7KHDt

Here's the deal if it still is available. Said only 18 available. But Amazon is notorious for changing prices multiple times a day.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the deal if it still is available. Said only 18 available.
I was tempted to grab all 18 and then dole them out on ebay for 150% of paid. This stuff is collectable like last call Challengers, right? Do they serialize the jugs? It's not like you can buy the all-important 3-jug cardboard box at Autozone.

/JK

Last edited:

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
I've been running 5W-50 Motul Sport Ester or now their 300 V since break in. Great oil! Since I occasionally do track days, this stuff seems to do the job. A bit pricey at $140.00 for 8 quarts, but what the hey...

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
The devaluation of our FIAT DOLLAR is the biggest culprit boys and girls........I cannot even imagine what "INVENTORY CONTROL" is like these days!!:frown:🤬😡

Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI for you/us Mobil 1 5w30 users, I just got two 5 quart jugs being shipped to me from Walmart for $43.xx! I don't know if this is national, but it was from a retailer, not Walmart itself.

Edit: This might be a scam. Going to call Walmart's CS tomorrow. Reading their site, they say everyone is checked out before they're allowed to sell. Hmmm....

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI for you/us Mobil 1 5w30 users, I just got two 5 quart jugs being shipped to me from Walmart for $43.xx! I don't know if this is national, but it was from a retailer, not Walmart itself.

Edit: This might be a scam. Going to call Walmart's CS tomorrow. Reading their site, they say everyone is checked out before they're allowed to sell. Hmmm....
BJ Wholesale Club was running Mobil 1 Full Synth 5w30 for $26 for a 6-pack… about 2 weeks ago.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazon rigs their store. Not only do prime members pay more for the same item, the price can change minute by minute as the algorithm seeks to increase profit.

There may have been a qty trigger, but more like it got flagged and pulled.

Either way I just use Costco dexos 5w30.
I noticed that BS too w/ a “free Prime” membership. I had some products picked out PRE-prime and when I did the “Free Prime” all the sudden those same products tallied up to more than PRE-prime and in both instances the shipping was still “free”…

So yea, there’s definitely games being played by Amazon and other retailers - so buyer beware.

Best game played is the “10%-20%” off deals during XYZ holidays or supposed “sales”. Grab a product you’re thinking of buying, save or monitor it when it’s at regular price. Then wait for that “sale” and check the price…. Most of these are sham sales where the product is marked up that 10-20%, then “discounted” to being back down to “normal” and savings is none Problem is most don’t catch on and think they’re getting a great deal… not.
Sponsored