Sponsored

More sway bar questions

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
I'm trying to get a handle on the part numbers and differences. It appears that the number is the same except the suffix. From the chart I saw the size is the same so it must be something with the stiffness or some other subtle difference. A to B to C (on the rear)
Is it worth changing from a 22.2mm bar on a v6 to a gt 22.2 bar? I had planned to go ahead and buy a GT350 or GT350R bar but there is questions on the part number being different when I look for them.
swaybars.png
Do you have any additions or changes?
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The front PP bars on the GT And EB have bushings the are glued the the bar.
"Sticky bushings" as they are called.
They effectively stiffen the bar without an increased diameter.
They are sold with the bar as an assembly.

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Only the front PP bar has sticky bushings. The rear bar doesn't.

No, if you already have a 22.2mm rear bar, switching to another 22.2 rear bar won't help... unless it has more endlink position (aka adjustment) holes, or is solid instead of hollow, or has thicker walls, but I don't think that's the case here.

I'm quite liking this Strano Performance rear bar. Its close to the stock 22.2mm rear bar on its softest setting, but its got 3 adjustment settings which make it easily adjustable from stock to ~GT350R bar or a bit stiffer.

OP
OP

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the difference on the bars of the same diameter is the length of the mounting arm. I will measure my V6 bar against a GT bar I have.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Looks like the difference on the bars of the same diameter is the length of the mounting arm. I will measure my V6 bar against a GT bar I have.
The Ecoboost PP rear size is 21.7 mm...I know because I had the one that Chef gave me off of his car.

That means that the V6 and Ecoboost regular suspensions are the 20.0 mm size.

BTW...convertibles have smaller sizes for the rear bar. The standard GT rear bar is 20.0 mm. My hunch is that the other verts have the same size rear bar too.

CVCashmere

Sponsored

OP
OP

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the tag on the GT bar I have (rear oem) says 21.7 The number on it is FR3C-5A772 BB
The one on the car V6 is 20.0 and the number is FR3C-5A772 AB
I would say you are right about the Eco being the same.

So I think I will put the GT bar on and try it. Not sure who made the chart above but it needs to be edited.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Well the tag on the GT bar I have (rear oem) says 21.7 The number on it is FR3C-5A772 BB
The one on the car V6 is 20.0 and the number is FR3C-5A772 AB
I would say you are right about the Eco being the same.

So I think I will put the GT bar on and try it. Not sure who made the chart above but it needs to be edited.

Dguzzi

I went from the 20. mm to the 21.7 mm bar and felt an immediate difference. i recommend it as one of your first mods.

CVCashmere

OP
OP

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok, thank you!

MPotter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ford Performance Track Front & Rear kit M-5490-G is 37 mm Front 25.2 mm Rear, tubular construction with 2 position adjustment on the ends.
Is the GT350R solid or tubular?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
What do you want out of the sway bar change? Flatter corning? More or less oversteer? In a very simple answer, To flatten the car in the corners go with stiffer bars. To balance the car out, (most cars come out of the factory set up to understeer), for good street use, I would start with just changing out the rear sway bar that has three adjustment holes. Start with the hole closes to the end (softest and closest to stock) then work your way to the other settings til you get the bal. or the amount of oversteer you like. Also if you have the stock v6 swaybar setup see if you can get someone to give you a stock front PP1 swaybar and then just buy a aftermarket rear.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
What do you want out of the sway bar change? Flatter corning? More or less oversteer? In a very simple answer, To flatten the car in the corners go with stiffer bars. To balance the car out, (most cars come out of the factory set up to understeer), for good street use, I would start with just changing out the rear sway bar that has three adjustment holes. Start with the hole closes to the end (softest and closest to stock) then work your way to the other settings til you get the bal. or the amount of oversteer you like. Also if you have the stock v6 swaybar setup see if you can get someone to give you a stock front PP1 swaybar and then just buy a aftermarket rear.
^^^ Perfectly said.
Sponsored