Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have the exact same unit as below, and it works perfectly. And just like the picture, mine didn't come with the HS/MS sticker somebody posted above. Need to come up with something. I have which is which written on the excel page where I have the changes I've made. I haven't done any SCCM changes, but I'm almost sure it's in the list, since I also get like 20 different modules between the 2 modes.

Finally, there are many other settings that I have no idea what they do, so you might not have the correct ones enabled with your other adapter. But glad a new unit fixed your problems :).

here's what I bought, by the way...
1614038832825.png
Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have the exact same unit as below, and it works perfectly. And just like the picture, mine didn't come with the HS/MS sticker somebody posted above. Need to come up with something. I have which is which written on the excel page where I have the changes I've made. I haven't done any SCCM changes, but I'm almost sure it's in the list, since I also get like 20 different modules between the 2 modes.

Finally, there are many other settings that I have no idea what they do, so you might not have the correct ones enabled with your other adapter. But glad a new unit fixed your problems :).
Mine with the sticker came as part of a kit for 4" to 8" sync kit from. Guessing they put it on their to save some phone calls or emails!

I had two other brands before this one that had issues. Seems these sub $50 units are hit and miss.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special

Thanks!! This is exactly how mine looks, the ms/hs arrow/directions are not near the toggle switch, and they were in the correct orientation on mine. Had to download some modules in HS, then it made me switch to MS to get the rest. Like you said, maybe you could mark yours with a label or a paint pen?
1614567790220.png

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
well, I finally messed with this and it seems I don’t have IPC module. I’ve got an odblink with a switch on it. I remember doing this in my f150 and it automatically prompted me to switch it to the other position and I got more modules, the mustang I didn’t get this prompt. Only thing I see is I’m still on version 2.3.37, do I need to upgrade to 2.4. ?

edit** after reading back a few pages im wondering if i need a different obdlink.

DCA7ED33-C086-406B-B620-66E5730851AA.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
That's how mine looked, basically, before I bought another obd tool.
why would mine work on my f150 but not the mustang that’s what has me confused??

you got a link to that one you bought?

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
There's a good pic of it above in my post 3122. Let me know if you need the link and I can do that later today.

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
ordered a new obd link I think the same as pictures above. Should I upgrade my FORScan to the latest or try the one I have 2.3.37??

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
Updated the version to 2.3.38 and w the new plug I get a whole lot of new parameters. Yippie

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I tried looking through this thread to see if the boost gauge was available for my base model 2016 PP GT. Some said it wouldn't show in the PP cluster. I tried it today and it works. Just wanted to share. I only changed the 6 to a 7 in the first group of numbers. This is in the IPC module.

Screenshot_20200921-155930_Gallery.jpg

20200921_135400.jpg
So, instead of 620 you made it 720?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I originally bought this one. Worked twice than quit.

1614041616607.png

Later on down the road I bought a 4" to 8" sync 3 upgrade kit and it came with the ELM327. It has worked fine. Though note that on both of them, the HS/MS switches are labeled backwards for some reason.
That top one is $49.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So, instead of 620 you made it 720?
I would familiarize yourself with Forscan (youtube and search the forum for how to) and be sure to have saved an Asbuilt file before making any changes. In the example 720-06-01 is the line of data and is not changeable. What is changeable is in the boxes to the right of that. In this post, it looks like the pic shows the data prior to the change as the third character is the one that has to be updated to a 7 to enable the boost gauge. Anywhere you see X's you leave those as is.

Gauges - Vacuum/Boost on Instrument ClusterIPC720-06-01 xx7x xxxx xxxxShows vacuum/boost gauge on center cluster

As built data:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
OK, so pardon another dumb question.

In the Flash to Pass for 5 flashes, where do I insert the A.

And, as example in Police Dark Mode where does the 1 go.

I appreciate the patience. I'm learning.
Thanks.
Screenshot_20210322-230033_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20210322-225622_Sheets.jpg
Sponsored