BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I tried changing the wallpaper to the other settings within the guide, GT350, R, ETC and it's erroring out for me. Can anyone confirm if this was a sync 3 option only or should it be working on MFT also?
Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I tried changing the wallpaper to the other settings within the guide, GT350, R, ETC and it's erroring out for me. Can anyone confirm if this was a sync 3 option only or should it be working on MFT also?
I would be willing to bet it is just Sync3 because no GT350s would have shipped with Sync2. Plus that would mean the options would have been in Sync2 several years before the GT350 would even be announced.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
[MENTION=15263]BBB[/MENTION]I tried several on my car and could not get it to change from the regular blue background and pony at start up. My car was built april 2015 by the way.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
[MENTION=15263]BBB[/MENTION]I tried several on my car and could not get it to change from the regular blue background and pony at start up. My car was built april 2015 by the way.
That makes sense. My car was built around that time frame too.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Just so everyone is aware, the method I posted does not require you to purchase anything but an SD card. There is a generic nav license you install and unlock with a special wallpaper which is in the instructions.
Is there any such method for Sync 3?

Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I'll trade you my mft with nav for your sync 3 without nav though

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
Can the nav map card be loaded onto usb instead of the sd card? I don't have an sd card slot. It would be nice to be able to use the usb instead of spending another $100 for an sd card reader.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Can the nav map card be loaded onto usb instead of the sd card? I don't have an sd card slot. It would be nice to be able to use the usb instead of spending another $100 for an sd card reader.
No, you have to use the SD card slot. If you have the 8" touch screen, you have the SD card slot. It is in the arm rest next to the power outlet.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
So, I replaced my base head unit with a retrofit of the Sync 2 system. I'm having a small issue though, I'm not getting any SYNC or call audio. Does anyone know the line of code that controls this so that I may compare it to a premium AB?

Also, I want to enable Nav on my truck, does anyone know the code line in the APIM for this?

Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
So, I replaced my base head unit with a retrofit of the Sync 2 system. I'm having a small issue though, I'm not getting any SYNC or call audio. Does anyone know the line of code that controls this so that I may compare it to a premium AB?

Also, I want to enable Nav on my truck, does anyone know the code line in the APIM for this?
If your truck is a MFT device the code is universal across all Ford Platforms. Just make sure it's updated to the latest 3.8 version.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

For the truck, see the instructions I posted a few posts back on unlocking Nav.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
No, you have to use the SD card slot. If you have the 8" touch screen, you have the SD card slot. It is in the arm rest next to the power outlet.
I added MFT after I bought the car. I did not replace the multimedia module. I was hoping there was a way to load the maps through usb as replacing the multimedia module really isn't worth the cost.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I added MFT after I bought the car. I did not replace the multimedia module. I was hoping there was a way to load the maps through usb as replacing the multimedia module really isn't worth the cost.
If this thing is anything like it is in the f150... that whole piece just pops out... so if you just have USB in your arm rest, you can order a usb/card hub from a premium GT from the dealer. Couldn't cost more than $50 bucks.

N6UXA8U.jpg

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
If this thing is anything like it is in the f150... that whole piece just pops out... so if you just have USB in your arm rest, you can order a usb/card hub from a premium GT from the dealer. Couldn't cost more than $50 bucks.

N6UXA8U.jpg
Unfortunately, you have to make a harness to use it.
Sponsored