Sponsored

Mod Suggestions

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey guys/gals I wanted suggestions on useful mods I should consider for my '17 GT daily driver. I'm not interested in performance modifications. Right now I have swapped the the transmission fluid out for the BG stuff and added Steeda Jacking rails & clutch spring kit. I have an MGW shifter on the way and am considering the JLT oil catch can. Is there anything else non performance based that are popular choices I haven't come across yet?
Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Gt350 all red start button

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
BMR Cradle Lockout Kit. It will eliminate wheel hop, improve traction, and increase the overall feel your car has in turns. It does all this without having any negative affect on ride quality or adding any NVH. An absolute must-do to all Mustangs. Hard to describe how much it improves your car. All this for a very nominal cost.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
BMR Cradle Lockout Kit. It will eliminate wheel hop, improve traction, and increase the overall feel your car has in turns. It does all this without having any negative affect on ride quality or adding any NVH. An absolute must-do to all Mustangs. Hard to describe how much it improves your car. All this for a very nominal cost.
This.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Hey guys/gals I wanted suggestions on useful mods I should consider for my '17 GT daily driver. I'm not interested in performance modifications. Right now I have swapped the the transmission fluid out for the BG stuff and added Steeda Jacking rails & clutch spring kit. I have an MGW shifter on the way and am considering the JLT oil catch can. Is there anything else non performance based that are popular choices I haven't come across yet?
exhaust
and Lowering Springs and Spacers, looks so much better and improves the cornering a lot

Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
When you say "non performance," does that mean you're only interested in cosmetic mods right now, or just not any power mods? The clutch spring, trans fluid, am mgw I'd put as performance mods. There are a lot of suspension mods (some small, some big) you could do that will make the driving experience more enjoyable regardless of how hard you drive.

The BMR kit recommended by [MENTION=17481]Volstang[/MENTION] would be the best/first one to do after shifter and trans fluid. And it is not expensive or major. Those few mods are the most basic and essential ones everyone should do.

OP
OP

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Pretty much just what you said...the most basic & essential mods that everyone should do. The BMR kit is a great example and something I will pickup. I'd love to do exhaust but I leave for work so early I don't want to piss off the entire neighborhood.

trusaleen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Just did the BMR cradle lockout, BMR lowering sprints and BMR end link kit and it made a HUGE difference. Car feels and looks the way it should of come from the factory. I’d recommend talking to Kelly at BMR and tells him your needs

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
Does the bmr cradle kit make the IRS more like an SRA?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Super charger.

With nitrous.

And turbos.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
2017 non PP GT and DD, too. Besides the Steed jacking rails & clutch spring I've add these 'useful' mods:

Steeda G-trac 2 pt brace
JLT catch can
BMR CB005
Rock guards

Is an after market exhaust useful? Probably not but adding a Corsa Sport CB has definitely been the most noticeable and enjoyable improvement.

Logan@TeamBeefcakeRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teambeefcakeracing.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Single Turbo 5.0
2017 non PP GT and DD, too. Besides the Steed jacking rails & clutch spring I've add these 'useful' mods:

Steeda G-trac 2 pt brace
JLT catch can
BMR CB005
Rock guards

Is an after market exhaust useful? Probably not but adding a Corsa Sport CB has definitely been the most noticeable and enjoyable improvement.
Headers and going catless with a tune is all definite power gains.. A catback, not so much. The sound is glorious, though.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Rock guards are cheap and nice to help protect from road rash. They also help to keep the sides of the car clean I think.
Sponsored