Sponsored

Warranty is up time to mod, need suggestions.

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
I’m looking to add some power. I’d like to be around mid 400s to the wheel but retain the dependability. I’m thinking intake, cai, tune (what company?), maybe long tubes but I’d like to avoid that if possible. On 93 octane. What say you? Can it be done?

edit: only mod currently is Ford performance by Borla Sport exhaust.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Gotta get a Mr Fusion for sure.

doc.jpg._1024.jpg

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I have a 17 also and I added the same mufflers as you, an x-pipe/resonator delete, a ford racing stage 2 power pack, and stainless power long tube headers. I'm getting 425 to the tire on ford's ultra conservative tune. I want to add an 18+ manifold and get a more aggressive tune and I should see around 450-460ish at the tire after.

If you can easily access E-85 you step up to 47 lb injectors and get an E-85 tune for another 25 or so hp at the tire.

After all that your only option if you want to stay N/A is cams, but they are pricey. But they will put you over the top at 500+ at the tire.

OP
OP

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I have a 17 also and I added the same mufflers as you, an x-pipe/resonator delete, a ford racing stage 2 power pack, and stainless power long tube headers. I'm getting 425 to the tire on ford's ultra conservative tune. I want to add an 18+ manifold and get a more aggressive tune and I should see around 450-460ish at the tire after.

If you can easily access E-85 you step up to 47 lb injectors and get an E-85 tune for another 25 or so hp at the tire.

After all that your only option if you want to stay N/A is cams, but they are pricey. But they will put you over the top at 500+ at the tire.
I like your plan. I’ve heard good things about the 18 intake manifold, especially for the cost. Pair that with throttle body, cai and a good tune and I think I could sniff 450

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
JDM sells the 18 manifold along with the adapter harness to keep the IMRC working along with a few other pieces to make the swap pretty easy for around 8 bills. https://www.teamjdm.com/2018-manifold-swap-kit-for-2015-2017-s550-mustang-gt/

Get a 90 MM TB and have the new manifold port matched to the bigger TB, and a CAI that will fit the 90 mm TB. Have it all tuned by a local shop and you should see your target.

Stay away from the ford 87 mm tb, it needs an adapter to bolt up to the 15-17 or 18+ manifold and they are tricky to tune. The BBK 85 and 90 are easy to tune and both cost around 5 bills so why not just get the 90. BTW the stock tb is 80 mm

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Not everyone wants to or can afford to spend 5K plus on a S/C.

OP
OP

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Not everyone wants to or can afford to spend 5K plus on a S/C.
Exactly, it would cost me close to 8k to buy and get a kit installed. I’d just like some more power and this is work I can do besides the tune.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
There are many recipes for mid 400's in a Gen 2 Coyote with great success while keeping drivability close to stock for daily driving. I personally think the most important part will be deciding on a tuning company. Once you decide on that, tell them your goals and follow what your tuner has hard data on that works. Sure we all want the badest street car possible, but with that comes drivability issues that will drive you crazy. I can only recommend what I have been running in my car for the last 3.5 years with ZERO issues that is good for 448 HP.

Lund racing tuning with Ngauge
GT350 Intake manifold, TB, & CAI
47lb Ford Racing Injectors
E85
MAC offroad mid pipes

Hope this helps and get ready to enjoy your power gains!

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
+2

Mustang mods are too expensive to do anything but skip right to the blower. And if you have basic mechanical skills and access to tools, installation is easy.

That said, if you can't or won't, I recommend Lund for the tune.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
+2

Mustang mods are too expensive to do anything but skip right to the blower. And if you have basic mechanical skills and access to tools, installation is easy.

That said, if you can't or won't, I recommend Lund for the tune.
Exactly. Gone are the days of HCI power. FI is the only way to go.

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
When my warranty is up on my 18 I’m going with a Lund e85 tune and maybe cat deletes...still debating in my head on the cat deletes since it is only about 10hp from what I understand.

With a 17 I would probably do an 18 manifold before cat deletes.

After that it would be super charger time, but I personally don’t have that kind of money to spend on non essential things.
Sponsored

Last edited: