Sponsored

Mobility kit vs. Spare tire

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
The dealer let me use the points towards purchasing an after market kit that included the spare tire and jack. They purchased it for me at a discount and then sold it to me for what they paid minus my rewards cash.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
These are the 4 items needed: Jack: HR3Z-17080-A; Wrench: FR3Z-17032-A; Retainer: ES7Z-17091-A; Storage Compartment Retainer: ES7Z-1424-A.
What about if you only want to carry the jack, and no spare tire? Does anybody know if Ford makes a 'styro-foam' tray, similar to the one supplied with the inflator kit, to support the trunk cover? Thx.

The dealer let me use the points towards purchasing an after market kit that included the spare tire and jack. They purchased it for me at a discount and then sold it to me for what they paid minus my rewards cash.
You must know the owner then. Just making that suggestion to dealers I know, would probably get me an insult at best. Ha ha.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Do you have a PP1 car? And what make was your kit?

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
I have a Bullitt and no I did not know anyone at the dealership. The manager hooked me up because no one told me it did not come with a spare. I got it from automotive authority. They sell the complete kit, the spare fits over the oversized brembro brakes. It is about 400 bucks. I paid less because the dealership ordered it for me and then I applied my points to it also.

BULLITT Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT, 2008 Mustang V-6, 2003 Chevy Silverado SS, 1997 Lincoln Town Car, 1972 Pontiac GTO, 1967 GTO
I have a Bullitt and no I did not know anyone at the dealership. The manager hooked me up because no one told me it did not come with a spare. I got it from automotive authority. They sell the complete kit, the spare fits over the oversized brembro brakes. It is about 400 bucks. I paid less because the dealership ordered it for me and then I applied my points to it also.
Glad it worked out for you. Since it seems like a great dealership why don't you name them and give them a plug ?

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I'd be in for a group purchase from Automotive Authority. Does anybody know if this has this been tried before? Maybe worth a separate thread? I can approach them but would need a count of people interested.

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Name of the dealership is Crossroads Ford in Apex NC.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I'd be in for a group purchase from Automotive Authority. Does anybody know if this has this been tried before? Maybe worth a separate thread? I can approach them but would need a count of people interested.
Yes this was mentioned a while back didn't go anywhere.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Wife picked up a metal shard in the rear left tire. As the air pressure dropped, the digital display automatically warned her the tire pressure was dropping. As she drove home, she watched as the tire pressure continued to drop, so she stopped so she wouldnt drive on the wheel.

We connected the mobilty kit to the tire and followed the unstructions. Didnt work well. White sealant all over the tire and ground. The kit is a mess. It did provide enough seal for me to get the car home as she was only two blocks away from the house when she stopped.

I too was worried I would have to throw away the tire after filling it with sealant. The tire shop plugged the hole and the tire is solid. After driving around the block, the tire sensor resest and everything is back to normal, no vibrations or sensor issues.

I will keep the mobility kit, it did fill the tire quick, even with air escaping. I will also be getting a spare tire kit. I wont trust the mobility kit to get my wife out of trouble if she gets a flat farther from the house in the middle of the night. I dont feel like paying a tow company to get the car everytime it gets a flat...
20190130_194046.jpg
We have AAA premium, which is good for 200 miles of free towing and if my wife gets a flat, the AAA driver will put the spare on for her.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thanks! I sent an email today inquiring about a group buy w/discount. I'll share when I hear back.
Ok, I received a response. AA said they would offer a discount depending on the number of buys. They were not specific, so I'd need to give them a number first. The catch is that they would send all orders to one location only. Bummer. What do you all think?

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Ok, I received a response. AA said they would offer a discount depending on the number of buys. They were not specific, so I'd need to give them a number first. The catch is that they would send all orders to one location only. Bummer. What do you all think?
Probably not worth it unless you live within driving distance of the common location. Shipping would offset the discount.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Probably not worth it unless you live within driving distance of the common location. Shipping would offset the discount.
Agreed. Probably pointless but I'll give it a try with a separate thread and see if it leads to anything.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I do also, but you really want your car towed because of a flat tire?
Very true and I like that spare from AA and will probably get one, when I get the Mach.
I have the stock spare that came with my 2004. It only fits the back axle since I upgraded to Cobra brakes, so if I get a front punture, I'd have to rotate the back to the front and put the spare on the back, not the best, but doable because I have a square wheel/tire setup. (18x9.5 275/35R18)
Sponsored