Mishimoto can’t get enough of the S550! Help us welcome the 2016 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Mishimoto has a brand-new 2016 Mustang GT and we are so excited about it! On Friday, we had the pleasure of picking up our 2016 Ruby Red Ford Mustang GT from the dealership and showing it off to the rest of our office.

Mishimoto’s new Mustang GT

Interior of the new Mustang GT

The GT received quite a warm reception from everyone at our Delaware office. The Mustang patiently posed for photos before we pulled it into our shop for closer inspection.

The Mustang GT parked at the Mishimoto offices

The Mustang GT parked at the Mishimoto offices

After everyone had the chance to admire our newest toy, we wasted no time getting directly to work on our first prototype products for this Mustang GT. One of the first things on our to do list is to install our expansion tank on this S550. If you haven’t already seen the development thread for Mishimoto’s expansion tank, you can check it out HERE.

Stock engine bay of the 2016 Mustang GT

Mishimoto Expansion Tank installed on the Mustang GT

Coming Up!

Here is a list of the products that we are currently evaluating for the Mustang GT:
• A catch can system
• Oil cooler
• Radiator
• Fan shroud
• Intake
• Exhaust system
• Silicone hose kits
This list will evolve as we move further into development with our Mustang. That being said we want to hear from you!

Know of a product that we should look into, or have you been looking for a product that you can’t find? Any and all feedback is welcome. Let us know if you are loving the GT as much as we are and stay tuned for more product updates coming in the near future!

Thanks for reading!
Sara
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
sub'd

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I look forward to seeing your products being released for the 5.0.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Congrats on the new GT. I bought a catch can from you guys for my Ecoboost when i had it but never installed it. Will you be using the same catch can but with different hoses to work for the GT? If so i'd be interested in purchasing the hoses to fit the GT. Thanks

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
make that radiator a good one. I would love to see something better than the PP radiator available for the regular GT.

thanks!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Grats on the new baby
I look forward to seeing your products being released for the 5.0.
Thanks for the kind words!

Congrats on the new GT. I bought a catch can from you guys for my Ecoboost when i had it but never installed it. Will you be using the same catch can but with different hoses to work for the GT? If so i'd be interested in purchasing the hoses to fit the GT. Thanks
We are very early in the development process of the catch can at this point. The catch can kit will be a bit different than the Ecoboost because of the routing of the hoses, as you stated, and also the location of the can. We are still working with prototypes and will have an update for you soon!

make that radiator a good one. I would love to see something better than the PP radiator available for the regular GT.

thanks!
Absolutely! Thanks for the feedback. We will make sure to post up the details as soon as R&D begins on the radiator for you guys to check out and let us know how we are doing.

Stay tuned!
-Sara

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Does the expansion tank have internal baffles like the original? Will it fit the new GT350?
Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Does the expansion tank have internal baffles like the original? Will it fit the new GT350?
Thanks
The Mishimoto expansion tank does feature internal baffles. If you would like to take a look at the R&D that went into our expansion tank, feel free to check out the Mishimoto blog HERE. For quick reference, here is a shot of the inside of our expansion tank in comparison with the stock unit.

As for the GT350, we have not been able to get our hands on one to test fit the expansion tank, so we can not say for sure that it fits. The main issue with additional fitments is the nipple that extends off the back of the Mishimoto expansion tank extends further than the stock expansion tank, as you can see in the photo.

Waiting for a LARGE CORE direct fit aluminum radiator...
Thanks for the feedback, we are excited to get started with our radiator development and share the details with the forums!
-Sara

Last edited:
Reactions: TDC

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I am going to be interested in your radiator solution. I have a non-PP and now that I am pushing about 1000HP, I am regretting not getting the larger radiator.

Also, I know you won't do this - but a "high flow" style Cold Air Intake to work with a Roush/VMP TVS Supercharger would be fantastic. Due to my power level, I cannot use the Roush intake...so I have to use a modified custom intake with an open air filter that is built from JLT tube, custom filter I hade made, and a custom elbow I had made.

Keep up the great work! Oh and, no suspension pieces! lol

Galeener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015GT blk/blk
I like that your answering questions and actually posting some picts and r&d info.

Status
Not open for further replies.