Sponsored

Mirror Caps....

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Hello All,

Can the mirror caps be changed out on the GT Models? I would love to change out the body color mirror caps and get black for whatever mustang I wind up buying unless I get the Mach 1.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hello All,

Can the mirror caps be changed out on the GT Models? I would love to change out the body color mirror caps and get black for whatever mustang I wind up buying unless I get the Mach 1.

Thanks!!
Yes, I'm looking at doing the same thing. There are a few threads on here if you search. It doesn't look too difficult...

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Where are you guys getting your black mirror caps? Or are you painting your originals?

I wanted to do the exact same thing and get black for my originally white mirror caps. If I could buy them that would be nice, just not sure where to.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Where are you guys getting your black mirror caps? Or are you painting your originals?

I wanted to do the exact same thing and get black for my originally white mirror caps. If I could buy them that would be nice, just not sure where to.
I'm looking for some black take offs but they aren't easy to find from what I've seen. I might end up painting my originals. The unpainted part from Ford is fairly spendy (then add the painting cost). I'll probably just end up leaving mine body color if I can't find a black set...

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
eBay has been the best source I’ve foundyou have to use different search terms to find the best pricing.

Always sort by highest price first - this way you can see the “trend”.

If you always start with “2015 Mustang mirror” it usually returns good results because everyone always uses “2015 Mustang... blah blah blah” as their subject listing, because 2015 was the first year of S550 production. You can also do “2015 Mustang door” or “2015 Mustang mirror”.

I’ve seen sets as low as $45.00 for the pair.

Another trick for eBay listings - type “Mustang take off” or “Mustang takeoff” and you usually get listings of brand new take off parts for good prices.

Best of luck!

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
They are a bitch to get off, they are not terribly expensive new.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought new and painted them, I even got the OE lime caps taken off before I picked the car up so I have the choice to swap back to all OE if I choose too at some point in the future (can’t see why I would though).

They are not as expensive as I expected, although one side is cheaper than the other (different sizes) and if size has anything to do with it, my euros will be much more expensive than the USA caps anyway ... :giggle:

Just make sure you get a good paint job so they don’t react and you have to swap them out, yes that hurt a little ... lol.

New ones went on Monday night :

300-D6226-3-C3-A-4667-A54-D-AC929-E3-C4-F5-B.jpg

They are not to tricky to take off, just choose a warm day so the plastic isn’t brittle.

I have black vents too so I can preserve the OE lime ones with the mirror caps.

WD :like:

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
OEM mirror covers and hood vents found on EBay, PP1 spoiler found local. It took some time to find them and also gave me the chance to save the original parts. They will pop up I had to be patient but was close to buying factory parts and having them painted.

9A8538E1-504B-4824-A338-B91514719B3C.jpeg