Sponsored

MGW shifter with pull up reverse lockout

Would you buy a retro fit kit for pull up style reverse lockout.

• Total voters

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
From an engineering standpoint I think we can agree that the MGW system is amazing. But if you're like me the lack of the pull up collar is a deal breaker.

So I was pretty much forced to go with Barton... I havent installed my barton yet but just from the videos online I think the harden linkage of the MGW and the more compact size of the new race spec is awesome. I also like the design for adjusting the reverse lockout and the mounting system.

So with all that said I was wondering if someone designed a retrofit kit for the MGW that replaces the shift lever with a pull up style system would people be willing to buy that?

Poll added.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You put your car in reverse that often that its a burden? 0 issues with my MGW and love it for rowing through the gears. It takes a little force pushing down, but nothing that is a deal breaker.

OP
OP
3star2nr

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
You put your car in reverse that often that its a burden? 0 issues with my MGW and love it for rowing through the gears. It takes a little force pushing down, but nothing that is a deal breaker.
I really dont like push down lockouts. Of all the reverse lockout system the pull up design to me is the best system to live with. Its a somewhat trivial thing, and from an engineering perspectivecpush down maybe more reliable but its something that's going to annoy me every time i put the car in reverse...

I used to live with it on other cars and fucking hated it...

Its a shame because I love literally everything else about the MGW design. If my car wasnt a daily I'd MGW no question...

And if I get a gt350 it would get an MGW

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:muscle::muscle::muscle: no problem with it

Sponsored

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I originally really hated the idea of a push down reverse and it made me almost pull the trigger on barton vs mgw, and while i still like the pull up way more i have the mgw and dont really see it as an issue after getting used to it.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I hated the pull up function on my shop FRS, hated it on the FoST, hated it on the Mustang, bought the MGW for the push down feature... Little did i know using pull up for so long it took a while to get back use to the push down. Guess because up until the last 6 years it was always a push down.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
hated the pull up on my car, mgw is boss i have an x spec on my car
Sponsored