Not open for further replies.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Not sure why everyone complains so much whether reverse is a pull up or push down.
That has no bearing in my decision what so ever.
What is the difference if you have to push or pull , I mean how often are you in reverse? Lol lol
The push down in the MGW is very firm, that's the only reason I see. In my eyes the pull-up is a more engineered solution and the push down is a more practical solution. I'm also a professional idiot so take that with a grain of salt.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
The push down in the MGW is very firm, that's the only reason I see. In my eyes the pull-up is a more engineered solution and the push down is a more practical solution. I'm also a professional idiot so take that with a grain of salt.
Last tuesday I broke my stock pull up collar just trying to put it in reverse. Also I was two hours away from home , so that sucked.
Super thin shit plastic our stock collars . Actually would love that part being gone personally.
Monday it gets fixed under warranty, car has 2200 miles.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Last tuesday I broke my stock pull up collar just trying to put it in reverse. Also I was two hours away from home , so that sucked.
Super thin shit plastic our stock collars . Actually would love that part being gone personally.
Monday it gets fixed under warranty, car has 2200 miles.
You definitely won't fun into that with the MGW unit, it's a beast.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a bit neutral on it as well. At first it was a bit of problem with the lockout, but I got that licked by watching videos over and over. I hate videos. Leaves me with just the 4-5 shift. Can’t quite put my finger on it but from the driver position it feels like the shift gate is biased left which makes the horizontal travel to 5 seem too short and less distinct. I don’t think I’ve ever missed 4-5, but it feels funny. It’s probably an illusion from the driver position.

Can you please explain more about your gripe from 4-5 shift?

Sponsored

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Thinking about doing this upgrade. Wanted some feedback from people who have. Any added NVH? Is it worth it ? Overall happiness with it, would you highly recommend ?
You can view many ytube video's of the MGW in full use with the pro's and con's.
Hope this helps your decision.:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
You can view many ytube video's of the MGW in full use with the pro's and con's.
Hope this helps your decision.:fingerscrossed:
I have only found one video of a GT350 with mgw on you tube, that jerk off jeff Ashton that is to good to reply back. Not sure where your finding many?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Awesome man - report back if you could on your likes and dislikes (if any).......
Thanks
I installed it today. It took about 4 hours, not including watching the video twice and taking notes. The adjustment process is a piece of cake, really simple. Frankly, the most tedious part was pulling the rubber boot over the shifter.

After driving around like a bat outta hell, I can say that it is an excellent upgrade for 1st - 6th. It is a downgrade for reverse, but I can live with that. I'm not sure my wife will be able to shift into reverse (it takes a manly push), but she doesn't want to drive the car anyway. LOL

My all time favorite shifter was my STi with the Kartboy shortshifter and solid bushings. That was rifle bolt click-click-click. Wrist action only. This one isn't quite as good as that, but it is in the ballpark. Definitely more positive action than the already good stock unit. LMK if you have specific questions - happy to help.

OP
OP
LIGHTNING350

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I installed it today. It took about 4 hours, not including watching the video twice and taking notes. The adjustment process is a piece of cake, really simple. Frankly, the most tedious part was pulling the rubber boot over the shifter.

After driving around like a bat outta hell, I can say that it is an excellent upgrade for 1st - 6th. It is a downgrade for reverse, but I can live with that. I'm not sure my wife will be able to shift into reverse (it takes a manly push), but she doesn't want to drive the car anyway. LOL

My all time favorite shifter was my STi with the Kartboy shortshifter and solid bushings. That was rifle bolt click-click-click. Wrist action only. This one isn't quite as good as that, but it is in the ballpark. Definitely more positive action than the already good stock unit. LMK if you have specific questions - happy to help.
Thanks for the feedback and the invitation on help if I need it. Still on the fence but think I'm going to pull the trigger. Just do not want to regret it.
Would you say shifting is a lot harder and more effort now though? I mean its not like I'm afraid to put some arm into it but just don't want to make it a major task ya know.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.