Sponsored

MFT goes to phone screen from reverse camera?!

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
After starting my mustang (MFT in the Home screen), I back out of my spot using the reverse camera. When I shift back to drive, the MFT screen always goes to the "Phone" screen. When it does this the Home button won't work. I have to select another sector and then the home screen button works. Any help?
Sponsored

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium PP
Mine totally does that too and it bothers the hell out of me lol.

OP
OP
DeepImpact 5.0

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine just started doing it like a week ago and it is making me want to smash something lol. I need to fix this!

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Hey everyone!

I recommend trying a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

I also suggest checking your Owner account for software updates. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html Log in or create an account (if needed) to view.

I hope this helps. :)

Shaay
Not to be a dick but there has been zero updates since the car launched, how can we possibly have an update for anyone? Master reset is a temporary band-aid, get used to doing that often.

OP
OP
DeepImpact 5.0

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
And I realized that it only happens when my phone is connected via Bluetooth.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Mine just started doing this today. I did a Master Reset and that fixed it... for now. Anyone still having this problem?

EDIT:
Oh, BTW, mine doesn't really go the phone screen. It only looks like the phone screen, but only the menu on the left is actually there. Also, when I press the Home button it stays on this "partial" phone screen. (MFT thinks that's the Home screen)

351MachOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Mine just started doing this today. I did a Master Reset and that fixed it... for now. Anyone still having this problem?

EDIT:
Oh, BTW, mine doesn't really go the phone screen. It only looks like the phone screen, but only the menu on the left is actually there. Also, when I press the Home button it stays on this "partial" phone screen. (MFT thinks that's the Home screen)
Exact same here. The screen it sticks on is actually useless. Have to go to the entertainment screen before it will let you back to the home screen.

Would love a real fix.

Sponsored

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Hey everyone!

I recommend trying a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

I also suggest checking your Owner account for software updates. https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html Log in or create an account (if needed) to view.

I hope this helps. :)

Shaay
Shaay, are we going to see a dealer upgrade for 2015 Mustangs from MFT to Sync 3, even if it means a hardware upgrade too? i've used CarPlay in a GM vehicle and I like it very much - easy to use!

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Edit due to sensitive content.
Hi NewSVO,

We've released several updates for the MyFord Touch system since its launch. The latest one is version 3.8 and it was released last year.

Shaay, are we going to see a dealer upgrade for 2015 Mustangs from MFT to Sync 3, even if it means a hardware upgrade too? i've used CarPlay in a GM vehicle and I like it very much - easy to use!
Hi ShelbyGT350,

Because SYNC 3 has completely new hardware and software, it's not offered as an aftermarket installation.

Shaay

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
You have to change the Sync Module and screen.. can be done and is expensive.. BUT you will be waiting on car play.. car play is not available except for in 17 YM and 16s are waiting on updates.. I am not sure when the updates will be here.. so even if you were able to do the upgrade either through myself or another source you wouldnt have car play right now

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Question to people experiencing problem......

Have 911 assist off?

If yes then activate it and you will not have the issue.

I believe it is caused by the message that comes up telling you that 911 assist is off. Instead of displaying the message after coming out of rear view, MFT will just default to the phone screen. Turning 911 assist on will eliminate the message and thus prevent the phone screen from coming up after reverse.

I experienced this issue when I first swapped MFT into my V6. At first I thought it was a glitch with the install but I then discovered the 911 assist issue.
Sponsored