Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
As long as either is getting actual manifold reference, the display type is inconsequential

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I would choose mechanical every time. It is a direct reading, without using signals and algorithms. My opinion, Im old school though.

blakeman8192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2021 Tesla M3P
Love my snow methanol controller/digital boost gauge. Mechanical ones are awesome too, but with this I don't have to worry about running a boost line through the firewall and running into potential kinks. Just wires going to an external boost sensor mounted on my charge pipe.

IMG_2895.jpeg

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Love my snow methanol controller/digital boost gauge. Mechanical ones are awesome too, but with this I don't have to worry about running a boost line through the firewall and running into potential kinks. Just wires going to an external boost sensor mounted on my charge pipe.

IMG_2895.jpeg
I like that gauge, you are correct about running the line through the firewall. It can be a royal pain.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
As long as either is getting actual manifold reference, the display type is inconsequential
Replying to you since it says you are in Colorado. If you live at high altitude, don't get electronic unless it has a function to adjust the zero point. I have an electronic sensor that is always off by 2-3psi because it doesn't take altitude into account. A mechanical will be correct at high altitude, but an electronic will be wrong.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Replying to you since it says you are in Colorado. If you live at high altitude, don't get electronic unless it has a function to adjust the zero point. I have an electronic sensor that is always off by 2-3psi because it doesn't take altitude into account. A mechanical will be correct at high altitude, but an electronic will be wrong.
Yup, I had the P3/raxium gauge on my last car, and it did have a "zero" function. I like it because it can also be wired to display all sorts of stuff like ethanol content (with an ethanol sensor), AFR, Coolant temp, Ignition timing etc.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Iā€™ve been using Autometer Pro-comp mechanical gauges for over 28 years. Never been disappointed or ever had to question the accuracy.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Electronic, feeding into a data logger.
This.

The AEM X-Series boost gauge is what I use. It has a 0-5v MAP output that I run to my HP Tuners MPVI to data log actual MAP. It also has a peak memory recall that I find to be more convenient than trying to look at a gauge in the middle of a pull. Only downside is the gaugeā€™s MAP sensor is sensitive to vibration. The instructions specifically state not to directly attach the sensor to the engine. I screwed my (first) sensor straight into the boost reference port on my Whipple and it died in about 8000 miles. I now have it mounted remotely via a vacuum line.

Another nice feature is itā€™s really slim and requires very little depth to mount. I designed and 3D printed a mount that goes in my center vent and angles the gauge towards me.

IMG_2218.jpeg

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just for fun I got a Scangauge 2 obd 11 reader that has a bunch of parameters to keep watch on real time one of which is "Boost" its a cool little device (a bit old school) its also a code reader. You can display "4" parameters at once. Also, bunch of diff led lights to match your current set up. I had it on a mini cooper S supercharged, dang I miss this little car šŸ˜…
Sponsored