Sponsored

mbrp street vs race

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT Premium, Oxford White
Does anyone have working knowledge of the sound difference between these two exhausts? I assume the race version will be louder but i am wondering how extreme the difference is. I am looking for a deep tone, noticeably louder than stock but not obnoxious. Which system would be right for me?
Sponsored

Hector247

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I would also like to know if there are any other differences besides sound. Like horsepower gain or weight difference?

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have the race. It's pretty loud. Most people say they hear me in their house when I come and go. Occasionally I get pedestrians turn around as I driving up. I get alot of compliments on it. It's not very loud on the inside due to the sound deadening but drones pretty bad at 60. I've made multiple car alarms go off. I'm in Illinois too, Chicago to be exact. I can let you hear it if you want.

OP
OP
ILStang

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that info, KilluminatiDre, based on that i may be better off with the street version. Our house is such that the garage is directly below the master bedroom and my wife is sleeping most nights when i get home from work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ILStang

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May have the same problem with the street version as well, but its just too quiet in stock form.

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The street version is far from quiet. Cold start sounds great, driving around slow is a great tone and reasonable volume. It goes silent at cruising speeds. When you stomp it, it gets very loud.

I really like the way it sounds and certainly wouldn't want anything louder since I live in a neighborhood and have sleeping kids in the morning.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the Race system, and I LOVE IT! It gets lots of attention and compliments, the wife hated it at first because of the drone around 1750 rpm's in 6th but she doesn't mind it now. I don't drive my car everyday and it mostly just sits in my garage but every time I start it I smile. For some reason after switching to HP Tuners and a different tune the car is louder then before and sounds PERFECT. I am however about to put cat deletes on it so I'm sure it will be louder... maybe even to loud, but I wont care.

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
The street version is far from quiet. Cold start sounds great, driving around slow is a great tone and reasonable volume. It goes silent at cruising speeds. When you stomp it, it gets very loud.

I really like the way it sounds and certainly wouldn't want anything louder since I live in a neighborhood and have sleeping kids in the morning.
I have the street and this is exactly how I would describe it.

I get so many compliments on the exhaust sound it's unbelievable. The first reaction from car people always seems to be "Woah that sounds great which exhaust is that?" :headbang:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
They really are just sound difference, cat backs in general are for sound, you shouldn't purchase one for power, you may get a couple, but go for sound

we have the best deals out there on mbrp, pm for code!

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The street version really wakes up around 4500 rpm. The sound is intoxicating.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray

+1 and the sound of the street changed to me after I broke it in- probably 1k miles after install...sounds much deeper and less raspy. At first I thought I was going to remove it and go with another exhaust because it was too raspy. But after it settles, it is perfect!

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
more than a few folks say the race system drones pretty good at certain rpms.. Is this something your ok with ?
Sponsored