Sponsored

MBRP street exhaust Mustang GT

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Yes I think the sounds does die off after 5k rpms but that's ok with me. Just its loud when fully on it from take offand just driving around averaged. From idle it's quite but has a very nice rumble just wish it was louder. I'm very happy with this setup.
Sponsored

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
...I've got mixed emotions about this exhaust and no one who's heard it thinks it sounds good at WOT. 3 people have told me it doesn't sound "right", almost sounds like a metallic flap buzzing back and forth. ...https://soundcloud.com/stangdan26/2015-mustang-gt-mbrp-street-cold-start-hq-audio
Were those 3 people in the car or out of the car? There's 3 distinct versions in car with windows up, in car with windows down, outside of the car. In car with windows up sounds the worst at WOT, the sound dampening blocks a lot of the sound that fills in the gaps of the "flap" you're talking about. I've had mine on for about 1500 miles and as it's aged it does seem to sound better. Definitely not a refined sound though.

SilverSpoon09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTP PP in CO / 08 CTS / 00 C-SVT
I respect the sound it makes at WOT but I can't say it is pleasant to me, in the car. Before 5k and at moderate load it is PREFECT! I really could not ask for more. Anything past that and I am a bit torn on how it sounds. I am not sure how to explain it but it definatly fits into the muscle catagory but does not fit with the idle to 5k category. It is really hard to explain. It is not bad, it is not good. To me it is what it is; Sex up to 5k and fucking weird past that. When I want it to mean business it fucking lets everyone know real quick and I'm sure there like WTF.

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Were those 3 people in the car or out of the car? There's 3 distinct versions in car with windows up, in car with windows down, outside of the car. In car with windows up sounds the worst at WOT, the sound dampening blocks a lot of the sound that fills in the gaps of the "flap" you're talking about. I've had mine on for about 1500 miles and as it's aged it does seem to sound better. Definitely not a refined sound though.

One time was two separate people - one driving and one outside. My buddy who owns a body shop was driving, windows down and said it to me, about a minute after that one of his guys called him to tell him that something sounded wrong, same pull at WOT leaving his shop, different perspective, same opinions. The other time I was driving and the person was outside.

It's a perfect cruising exhaust - which is 90% of my driving anyway. The exhaust is Jekyl and Hyde, FWIW I find I can make the pop/snap/rasp at almost any rpm with throttle input, seems like it's flow related and not necessarily revs alone.

I have to rate this exhaust a 9/10 for cruising and a 5/10 at WOT. Ratings change daily, lol.

These are just my opinions though! Some may love what I don't.

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Also - obviously I need to make some clips of the sound at WOT but for the undecideds out there - are there any specific requests that would be helpful?

Sponsored

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I really wanted this setup. Now I'm not sure. I would like to hear it from inside the cat and outside. Can someone please post some clips? Thx

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
How does it fit? I'm thinking about this system but I can't convince myself that it won't fit like garbage given how much cheaper it is over other systems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the main reason it is so much cheaper than other systems is the fact that use 409 Stainless Steel. It has lower chromium content. 304 SS is more expensive, but most other manufacturers use the 304 SS. 409 SS will be more prone to rust over time.

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Packaging, fit, finish, tip placement etc were all perfect for me. I aligned the tips pretty good on my own and shop perfected them. For me I got more than I paid for instead of the other way around. It's not perfect, if you are finicky on that stuff then you should probably buy something that's $1500+ and laser measured, robot welded etc....

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe

I'm very happy with this system. The things were good with my shipping and aligning the tips was not bad at all. Best bang for the buck. I'm at around 600 miles

jvm051

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT base with 3.55's
Did your guys exhaust smell for several days? I have had the race system on since Thursday and have put about 200 miles on it. Still has their burning smell.

Sponsored

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
Yes it's normal. Mine was actually smoking a little for a few miles immediately after install

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I had mine delivered to work and the box would not fit in my Fusion. Extremely well packed and everything looked fine when I unloaded the components out of the box into the car. :-)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
all backorders for 409 and aluminized street and race have shipped and I have more in stock, black should be going out in a few days I'm told

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
all backorders for 409 and aluminized street and race have shipped and I have more in stock, black should be going out in a few days I'm told
Man, I am really torn. As we discussed, I want to get everything shipped together. But am thinking I'm going to hold out a little longer and see what comes of the nguage. I guess Lund is doing some beta testing with them now.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Anyone running the mbrp Street get a weird reverberation at about 1700 rpm in 1/2nd that you can feel?
Sponsored