MBRP street exhaust Mustang GT

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Another added bonus - I reset the trip for my morning commute today and got 4 mpg more. Some may be a fluke, but I am guessing a good portion is from the exhaust.
Sponsored

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Another added bonus - I reset the trip for my morning commute today and got 4 mpg more. Some may be a fluke, but I am guessing a good portion is from the exhaust.

I had the same - I've since swung to down 1mpg because the harder it gets pushed the better it sounds :).

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Uh no. There is NO way a catback exhaust is improving your mpg. You either drove more efficiently or your motor is breaking in and getting better mpgs.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Sorry Nazgul, you are incorrect. I have never broken 25 mpg on the way into work and today I was at 28.9 for the same trip. My belief is that the stock resonator is rather restrictive and that by replacing it with the H-pipe, everything can breathe and flow better. I'm not an engineer but the numbers don't lie. Also, the temperature has been about the same and the gasoline is the same.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
I won't aruge with you about it, but our cb exhausts do little more than add a great sound. If you wish to believe it so be it. A tune will do more to increase mpg than half of exhaust system.

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Sound clips

before:
[ame]
after:
[ame]

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow
I won't aruge with you about it, but our cb exhausts do little more than add a great sound. If you wish to believe it so be it. A tune will do more to increase mpg than half of exhaust system.

Sorry Nazgul but you are plain wrong here. The addition of a better flowing exhaust reduces both engine back pressure and excess temperature allowing an engine to do the same work more efficiently.

Will gains be massive, in most cases no and many people will actually see a decrease in mileage given that they drive the car harder in order to enjoy the wonderful noise, but if driving style stays the same the car with the free flowing exhaust will be better on fuel.

It's well documented that this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I have heard others with different catbacks say they got better mpg too. Search other post in other threads.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
catback isn't chaning mpg

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I seem to get about the same but I'm driving a little harder.:headbonk: I love the different sounds you can get out of this system. At idle you can just hear it. At normal drive sounds deep and then a WOT watch out. :ford:

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have a CAI too. Maybe the combination of the two is what gave me 4 mpg extra on the way home too.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Sorry Nazgul but you are plain wrong here. The addition of a better flowing exhaust reduces both engine back pressure and excess temperature allowing an engine to do the same work more efficiently.

Will gains be massive, in most cases no and many people will actually see a decrease in mileage given that they drive the car harder in order to enjoy the wonderful noise, but if driving style stays the same the car with the free flowing exhaust will be better on fuel.

It's well documented that this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. Maybe 15 years ago, maybe. Most modern exhaust are very free flowing. Despite what everyone believes about the giant suitcase resonator. If you believe your mpg is increasing 4-5mpg you might as well buy into the 20+ hp gains manufacturers claim. It just ain't happening.

Cueballs high numbers are probably attributed to his motor breaking in + a decent tailwind. 28 mpg is impressive tho.

lodans

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
Just ordered mine today from Beefcake. Getting the street in black to keep my theme on the CO mustang. If you guys are thinking of buying it PM Beefcake for a great deal. Anyone else feel weird typing beefcake.......

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
How much less than stock to these weigh?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT