MBRP CATBACK CRACKING MUFFLERS

CwmGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cooper
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
Good afternoon. My name is cooper and I'm very new to the forum. Just some back ground on the car. I have a 2016 mustang gt pp. Stainless works cat delete long tubes, and a mbrp catback that came with the car. One muffler weld completely cracked so the muffler is basically hanging by hangar. The other I can see is starting to crack. My question is should I just get new mufflers welded on or replace the whole catback? If welding new mufflers is an option, looking for suggestions for moderately loud deep mufflers. Thanks in advanc .
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Go to american muscle and they have sound clips for most of the mufflers/cat backs they sell. But be warned, long tubes and cat deletes will ratchet up the decibel level more than what you hear in the sound clips.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Good afternoon. My name is cooper and I'm very new to the forum. Just some back ground on the car. I have a 2016 mustang gt pp. Stainless works cat delete long tubes, and a mbrp catback that came with the car. One muffler weld completely cracked so the muffler is basically hanging by hangar. The other I can see is starting to crack. My question is should I just get new mufflers welded on or replace the whole catback? If welding new mufflers is an option, looking for suggestions for moderately loud deep mufflers. Thanks in advanc .

All depends on budget and sound. On my 15 I had 3 inch flowmasters and a summit racing universal xpipe and then I saved some loot and got a Corsa axle back.

The flows were cheap and loud all the time. The Corsas were expensive and loud when I got on it but little or no drone for daily driving.

Recently I got a 19 GT and added Borla cat back ..couldn’t be happier.

CJ pony parts has tons of videos and sound clips and if you need used ones the for sale section here is a great place to start.

OP
OP

CwmGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cooper
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
Go to american muscle and they have sound clips for most of the mufflers/cat backs they sell. But be warned, long tubes and cat deletes will ratchet up the decibel level more than what you hear in the sound clips.
I guess my question would be to just weld in new mufflers or go for the whole cat back

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
it is normal... i have the same MBRP catback (came with the car when i bought it) and both welding between the pipe and the muffler is broken... i just had mine redone by a local shop and no problem... you decide.... $50 with local shop or +$600 with new catback

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Yea I would get a muffler shop to fix the welds then spraypaint them with high temp paint, unless you just want a new system. If you live in a corrosive environment you may want to spraypaint the welds with high temp paint before installing so they dont rust.

Last edited:

AZboost18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
Yeah go to a muffler shop who can repair this or if you have the cash order a new muffler.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
those sound like aluminized steel. they don't last long, I'd either weld something in cheap until you know what you want or another failure occurs then get what you want,
Where are you in GA? I live in middle GA.

Edit:

I see you're in Savannah, I have an exhaust I'll be able to sell you for cheap after I install my new exhaust. are you interested in something loud?
Sponsored