Sponsored

Mbrp race catback

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Has anyone with the mbrp.race catback had any luck.finding resonators that were light and really helped with the crazy loud drone on this system???
Sponsored

2K16GT50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I actually just had some MBRP resonators installed last week because I finally couldn't take the excessive vibrations and drone anymore.

I got the solution and detailed information from this post below that OrangeRush was kind enough to post a while back (thank you very much BTW and also thanks to gzstang).
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64385

OrangeRush's impressions after installing the MBRP resonators are exactly what felt after installing them myself. Yes it almost sounds disappointing afterwards but it's still fairly loud from the outside and the benefits more than make up for it. No more car shaking vibrations, no more farty sounding rasp, and heavy acceleration feels a lot smoother then before.

The only part you may not like which I didn't was that the MBRP resonators were heavier than I expected. I weighed them on a bathroom scale and they were just under 10 lbs each, so essentially I was adding back a decent amount of weight was so happy to loose by removing the stock resonator.