Sponsored

Mark ups

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
In my area, there ere are two non-HP 2021 Mach 1s on display with $5K ADMs; they continue to sit.

The dealer I worked with has (now) $5K ADMs on everything, minimum. Higher still on F150s, Transits and the like.

Previously, they'd list both price and factory sticker. Now, just price. You can tell by looking at any of their vehicles on-line there are ADMs on everything with wheels.
Sponsored

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
In my area, there ere are two non-HP 2021 Mach 1s on display with $5K ADMs; they continue to sit.

The dealer I worked with has (now) $5K ADMs on everything, minimum. Higher still on F150s, Transits and the like.

Previously, they'd list both price and factory sticker. Now, just price. You can tell by looking at any of their vehicles on-line there are ADMs on everything with wheels.
Same here. Itā€™s absurd

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I can't wait for the day I can order the vehicle of my choosing online, without the nonsense.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If I ever win the lotto Iā€™m buying you a FJG Mach with an actual penis sticker on the hood :cwl:
I ordered a couple of the penis stickers actually and during mock up I'll put an obligatory vertical piece of tape and take a picture.

I'm looking at shortening the sticker and perhaps splitting it into 2 and putting in a 4" or so wide stripe as well.

Sponsored

NASteve

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Had the same issue here, they had a Mach 1 on the show room floor in Grabber Yellow marked up $10k they said they would be willing to sell me. I already turned them down on ordering a GT500 because of the $10k mark up, I wasn't going to pay over sticker on any new car. From what I can tell that car still sits on the show room floor.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I can't wait for the day I can order the vehicle of my choosing online, without the nonsense.
Because the 2022 build/price does not exist (sigh) I used 2021's, and in the notes section, listed the 2022 I really wanted, to include the option codes; this was sent to the closest dealer's Internet Sales department.

I'd like to cut the dealer out completely to, or simply have a concierge service where I pop in, sign, inspect and leave. Internet Sales was the next closest thing.

I went the route above and then settled into a series of e-mail exchanges to get a price we'd both agree on. It wasn't perfect, but better than sitting in-person. Sitting through all that in one go would have been horrible. I liked being able to pick up my phone and send a well-crafted e-mail on my schedule.

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I paid $ 68 K CANADIAN for my Fully Loaded FJG HP car... with the tire sway to 4S's and tax... $ 74K CAD all in... $68K USD is almost $ 90K CAD! Crazy...
Do you mind showing the window sticker to see what you all have on it and the breakdown of options? And where did you buy your car? Im in Wpg.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Absurd is the word for the situation. We had cloth equipped M1s marked up to over 100K in Chino CA, pure lunacy!

Dealers do seem to be allowing them to sit on the lot longer than usual. Such mark ups can only be sustained if people keep paying them. Scarcity due to slow production is at play, but I think the colossal amounts of fake cashed pumped into economy is the main driver to all this inflation. Yes folks, fed. policies DO affect your lives, unfortunately. I'm right at the line of getting too political here, so I will shut up on that....

Play dealers off one another, be upfront and direct about it. Expand your options out of local area if possible if it saves some money. Finally Granger is a great option even if it means the logistics of an out of state purchase. I'm so disgusted with the mark up situation I would have went Granger if I didn't get under invoice. MSRP was my absolute limit, its a matter of principle!

I read a couple of blurbs that Ford Corporate sent out a message to dealers to knock off the excessive ADMs, as it was hurting the brand perception long term in corporate's eyes. I think they are right, they need to draw a hard line there, and be public about it, no matter how unpalatable that will be for the dealer network.

FoMoCo really should have honored the price for those guys who got cancelled and prioritized their builds where possible for next MY.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
Just call Granger Ford in Iowa and ask for Zach. It's easy. You'll get it when it's built to your specs and have a wonderful drive back via I-80 and I-70. btw.. when I saw FJG in a showroom I wasn't a fan. But outdoors and away from the crappy lighting, its fantastic.

OP
OP
Joker721

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
01 Bullitt DHG, 2020 Camry WCP TRD
Just call Granger Ford in Iowa and ask for Zach. It's easy. You'll get it when it's built to your specs and have a wonderful drive back via I-80 and I-70. btw.. when I saw FJG in a showroom I wasn't a fan. But outdoors and away from the crappy lighting, its fantastic.
Iā€™ve seen a few pics online where the car is all clean and the light makes the FJG pop like a diamond. Def getting the itch for a new oneā€¦.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Cost of enclosed shipping has gone up over 20% since December since I started getting quotes and with the driver shortage, time estimates are 3-4 weeks to delivery once car is released for pick up. If youā€™ve found something better Iā€™m all ears (or eyes I guess here).
I have an order, thats all, so while I have explored pricing I did not inquire about timing. In 4 months it could be better, or worse. I will just fly in and drive it back the 1500 miles. :)

Fastoldman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1, 13 Viper GTS, 22 Ram CC
I am sure I will get flamed, but having been in the business for years ( retired now ) I can say there are some very reputable Dealers with markups on some vehicles , but often it is based on the fact they have nothing to sell and are trying to keep folks employed. It is not a pleasant situation and the ridiculous markups of 20-30K on some vehicles is nuts. The key though, with many Dealers, is to order the vehicle you want. Ford is prioritizing this now, thanks to Manley, because in years past they would put Store orders up front --- completely nuts. Many quality Dealers will work fairly with folks on an order and you get what you want. Vehicles on the ground are a different situation since they are the only thing to keep the lights on and pay mechanics, salespeople , staff, etc. I am not trying to justify ADMs , just explaining why it is common. In thirty years of selling I never sold a vehicle over MSRP , but we will see some Dealers go belly up this time around because they do not have the inventory to keep the doors open. I have friends who have had to let folks go because they have 1/4 of the inventory on the ground and that is the new normal. Tough situation and I know where I used to work many of the Stores are very fair on orders.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I am sure I will get flamed, but having been in the business for years ( retired now ) I can say there are some very reputable Dealers with markups on some vehicles , but often it is based on the fact they have nothing to sell and are trying to keep folks employed. It is not a pleasant situation and the ridiculous markups of 20-30K on some vehicles is nuts. The key though, with many Dealers, is to order the vehicle you want. Ford is prioritizing this now, thanks to Manley, because in years past they would put Store orders up front --- completely nuts. Many quality Dealers will work fairly with folks on an order and you get what you want. Vehicles on the ground are a different situation since they are the only thing to keep the lights on and pay mechanics, salespeople , staff, etc. I am not trying to justify ADMs , just explaining why it is common. In thirty years of selling I never sold a vehicle over MSRP , but we will see some Dealers go belly up this time around because they do not have the inventory to keep the doors open. I have friends who have had to let folks go because they have 1/4 of the inventory on the ground and that is the new normal. Tough situation and I know where I used to work many of the Stores are very fair on orders.
Unfortunately you are right that this is the new norm. Many dealers I know are saying the days of inventory are pretty much gone and ordering is the new way as it keeps overhead cost down.
Sponsored