Sponsored

March 2015 Mustang Sales (and vs. Camaro & Challenger)

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
According to that plot, the time to buy is at the end of the year. So you don't have too much competition from other buyers, and you can haggle a better deal. Worst time to buy is Spring.

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
According to that plot, the time to buy is at the end of the year. So you don't have too much competition from other buyers, and you can haggle a better deal. Worst time to buy is Spring.
It would be interesting to see figures by region. I think a lot of that is affected by areas with harsh winters. In California you can just buy one whenever. In the northeast and Midwest, a lot of people don't want to buy a car and then immediately have to think about winter tires, road salt, or driving a separate winter car.

JLB3

Threads
Reaction score
Challenger taking over the camaro in sales doesn't surprise me. This will most likely be the last challenger made (at least for a long time) with an awesome interior upgrade to the previous years. Idk how much different the new 2016 camaro will really be. From the spy shots it looks exactly like other years even though its on a new platform. A new interior revamp will hopefully be along with the new body style as it hasn't changed much. I love how the s550 has moved in a forward direction. Wile everyone else is looking back at there success Ford is finally looking forward to even MORE success. Now gotta wait and see what dodges new BARACUDA will have in store for it. Read a few articles that it will be in competition with the ecoboost Stang's.

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback

Sponsored

H13rarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
One thing that makes these sales results very impressive, that I also think a lot of people are forgetting, is that Challenger had a big refresh for the 2015 MY and yet the Mustang is still crushing it. I have yet to test drive an S550 but I have been behind the wheel of a 2015 Chally R/T with the 392 Scat Pack and I must admit it was very nice and very fun car. Ford needs to take a page out of Dodge's book about awesome factory exhaust systems! Never even considered buying a Chally till the 2015 refresh and Scat Pack options came out. But still, good job Team Mustang for building a car that is flying off lots!

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Outsold Camaro and Challenger ADDED TOGETHER for the month. :D Outstanding. :D

SVTClark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra
I just don't think that the current Camaro's sales are being affected by the coming introduction of the the new Camaro. No one has even seen what it looks like. After May, you can use that excuse for sucky sales, but right now, just admit that the S550 is a better quality car and more aesthetically pleasing. :shrug:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Great sales for the Stang. Looks like the pent up demand for the Camaro has died off. The Challenger is getting some over due credit.

Sponsored

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6
I just don't think that the current Camaro's sales are being affected by the coming introduction of the the new Camaro. No one has even seen what it looks like. After May, you can use that excuse for sucky sales, but right now, just admit that the S550 is a better quality car and more aesthetically pleasing. :shrug:
The new 2016 Camaro pics out there looks close to the current model
to me. Those Chevy guys would buy a Mustang with a BOWTIE on it
what do they know.

I also think this is APRIL 2015 and on the 17th I would have expected
the 15 Mustang to be (1) ONE year old. Instead, it is 6 months OLD.
The 2016 Mustang should be in Dearlers Showroom April 17 2015.
APRIL 17 2015 is 51 Years for Mustang!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The refresh on the new Challenger is decent. I like it better than before, and would buy one over a Camaro. One thing that stands out for me is Dodge's palette of colors. Looks like the Challenger's sales continue on an uptrend (for now). That may cool off a bit with a new Camaro design.

Gripley

Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Griffin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium Redfire
All of the positive press for the Hellcat and the refreshed design seems to have rekindled interest in the Challenger nameplate. People want a piece of that pie and the Camaro is a tad stale. Ford is eating everyone's lunch, though, to keep up with the food analogies.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I still think it must be all of the left over inventory from 2014 models.

(That was sarcasm guys, don't jump down my throat!)

JLB3

Threads
Reaction score
I still think it must be all of the left over inventory from 2014 models.

(That was sarcasm guys, don't jump down my throat!)
Or the 2013's lol. Seen one on auto trader about a month ago. Spoke to the dealership and the price was still crazy high for it being a 2 year old sitting car. It was a ghig gt premium.
Sponsored