MAPerformance: Ultimate R&D Thread | Air, Fuel, & Turbo Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Alright guys, I'm doing the final set of tuning today. Going for the HP record on stock block. As far as I know the highest horsepower is 420whp right now on a pretty big turbo. So far we are at 408/400, graph below. I have already sold 2 of these kits, so if you are interested pre-order fast. ETA right now is 2-4 weeks, with the influx of orders I will make sure to give you a good ETA at the time of placing your order.

Pre-order is open now, please email me at [email protected] to purchase!

Price is $3,000.00 shipped and will include the following.

MAP Manifold (Turbo Kit Specific)
MAP Downpipe (Turbo Kit Specific)
MAP Intake (Turbo Kit Specific)
MAP Passenger side hot pipe (Turbo Kit Specific)
MAP Oil Feed and Drain Line
MAP Coolant Bypass Line
Turbosmart Vee Port BOV
Turbosmart CompGate-40mm Wastegate
Precision 5858 Journal Bearing Turbo with SP Cover
PTP Turbo Blanket
DEI Heat Wrap
Tune file for Cobb Accessport

+500.00 for Ball Bearing Turbo
+500.00 if you don't have an Accessport

The tune file that comes with the kit will be for 93oct and is rated for 390hp/380tq @ 24psi. Once you get the turbo kit installed you will be required to send me multiple datalogs to fine tune the kit for your vehicle as not all cars are the same. Anyone without 93oct in their area will be covered, will product about 375hp/370tq depending on fuel quality.

We are finishing up the welding on the intercoolers today and tomorrow, and should start shipping all the kits out Monday/Tuesday. Once we are done with those, we will be building turbo kits. Once I have a brand new turbo kit ready I will post up pictures and get a product listing on our website!

The dynograph below isn't final, it just gives you an idea of the powerband that the car is producing with our kit. Remember, the kit you receive will come out of the box setup to run 390hp/380tq which is good middle ground to have good power with reliability.

Adam, can you explain the big dropoff at the end?

Will you be doing extensive real world driving to see how the stock engine handles the turbo kit power?

Great work!

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
if i can sell off some of my extra computer stuff ill definitely be grabbing this kit soon.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Adam, can you explain the big dropoff at the end?

Will you be doing extensive real world driving to see how the stock engine handles the turbo kit power?

Great work!
The drop off at the end is the rev limiter. I have about 200 miles of street driving on our turbo kit. I will be driving it on the street a lot more in the up and coming week.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Can you post up an exhaust vid? I want to hear what the new turbo has done to the exhaust. If it sounds good with that turbo/downpipe and your exhaust system, I'd probably put down the cash for the kit and exhaust system then tonight.

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Can you post up an exhaust vid? I want to hear what the new turbo has done to the exhaust. If it sounds good with that turbo/downpipe and your exhaust system, I'd probably put down the cash for the kit and exhaust system then tonight.
agreed, i wanna hear how this new system sounds with some drive bys and whatnot, might make me throw in the money for it now instead of waiting :p

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Finally! Im so stoked. Videos are gonna be sweet

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Looks great, and something I will definitely be interested in down the road.

Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
will be my year end goal, already need next years tax return so I can get a turbo upgrade.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
That is a MASSIVE change in the curve between those two. How does the car feel by comparison? Less seat of pants and more "oh shit!"?

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Adam,

From what I can see, it looks like the TQ peaks about 1500RPm later than stage1.5 (or stock). That's a big change. Would a Ball bearing turbo get this to peak earlier?

If one buys the turbo kit, what else from your current mustang ecoboost parts lineup (CAI/DP/Catback/FMIC) would still be viable. Just the catback and FMIC?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Adam,

From what I can see, it looks like the TQ peaks about 1500RPm later than stage1.5 (or stock). That's a big change. Would a Ball bearing turbo get this to peak earlier?

If one buys the turbo kit, what else from your current mustang ecoboost parts lineup (CAI/DP/Catback/FMIC) would still be viable. Just the catback and FMIC?
The torque is later because it is a bigger turbo that moves more air, so its going to take some time to get up to speed. The torque on the stock turbo hitting sooner doesn't mean anything in my opinion because it immediately drops off. The torque curve on the stock turbo is garbage, it's high peak torque number doesn't help in anyway.

With our turbo kit you can still use the cat-back and FMIC if you already purchased it. The kit will get you everything else!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
That is a MASSIVE change in the curve between those two. How does the car feel by comparison? Less seat of pants and more "oh shit!"?
Feel's pretty good, I prefer the lag over the stock turbo because know I don't blow the tires off the car when I launch from a dig. It does get a little squirrelly in second gear but it is controllable. The car just pulls now, doesn't die off up top!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.