MAPerformance: Ultimate R&D Thread | Air, Fuel, & Turbo Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
The torque is later because it is a bigger turbo that moves more air, so its going to take some time to get up to speed. The torque on the stock turbo hitting sooner doesn't mean anything in my opinion because it immediately drops off. The torque curve on the stock turbo is garbage, it's high peak torque number doesn't help in anyway.

With our turbo kit you can still use the cat-back and FMIC if you already purchased it. The kit will get you everything else!

idk, as I look at the graph, the TQ from stock AND bigger turbo start to drop off right away. Yes the bigger turbo has bigger numbers, but it still drops. However the graph shows the bigger turbo now has less usable RPM range. And for some reason the sharp drop in both HP and TQ starts sooner with the bigger turbo. I know you mentioned the rev limiter but why does it seem more limited, (sharp drop sooner), than the stock (stage1.5)setup? (again from what I see on the graph)

Just trying to understand some of it myself. I would prefer more instant off the line ooomph.
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
idk, as I look at the graph, the TQ from stock AND bigger turbo start to drop off right away. Yes the bigger turbo has bigger numbers, but it still drops. However the graph shows the bigger turbo now has less usable RPM range. And for some reason the sharp drop in both HP and TQ starts sooner with the bigger turbo. I know you mentioned the rev limiter but why does it seem more limited, (sharp drop sooner), than the stock (stage1.5)setup? (again from what I see on the graph)

Just trying to understand some of it myself. I would prefer more instant off the line ooomph.
Don't want to put words in MAP's mouth but it's still the stock block. You won't really see what the kit is able to do until stronger internals are put in and probably more fuel (meth, supplemental injection, whatever).

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package

I think you might be looking at the graph a little odd. Here are separated graphs.

As you can see HP crosses with the stock turbo at 3,750rpm and our turbo kit keeps producing. At 5,750rpm the poor design of the head itself and the cams start to take over and start losing power because it can't keep up. I can technically turbo the boost up here a little to get the graph to be straighter but it is just a bandaid and bandaid's hurt when you take them off.

If you take a look at the torque you are losing about 1,400rpms of torque hit down low, but as with any turbo upgrade you have to sacrifice low end torque for mid-range and upper end torque/horsepower. Once you take off and breach 4,000rpms you will never be down in that minimal band of power again until you come to a stop. Automatic and Manual EBM's drop to around 5,000rpms between shifts and in my opinion I would rather have 400ft/lbs of torque on tap when I shift instead of 330ft/lbs (stock turbo). Not to mention the torque is higher from 5,000rpm than the stock turbo which is dying at that point.

In my honest opinion I have turned the Ecoboost Mustang into a normal vehicle. Forced induction four cylinder vehicles shouldn't make their peak torque at 2,600rpms, and they should be holding power to redline, if they didn't whats the point of being capable of revving to 7,000rpms?

Just in case nobody noticed, I had to make a small price change on the turbo kit. My manufacturing manager overlooked the wastegate and bypass valve cost.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
How is it that the horsepower and torque curves cross at 3750 instead of 5252? I thought they always crossed at 5252 based off of the way horsepower is calculated using torque. (ftlbs tq x rpm) / 5252 Is it due to dynoing in a gear that is not 1:1?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
How is it that the horsepower and torque curves cross at 3750 instead of 5252? I thought they always crossed at 5252 based off of the way horsepower is calculated using torque. (ftlbs tq x rpm) / 5252
The graphs above are not HP/TQ graphs they are HP and TQ graphs separately. I pulled them apart so you can see how the HP and TQ compares to the same modifications on stock turbo.

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Since the catback and intercooler are the only two usable pieces of the P1 kit, would a customer get a discount off the turbo kit for already having an Accessport and intercooler?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
The price I posted doesn't include Accessport or the intercooler, they are additional. So you would of needed to purchase those (if you wanted) outside of the turbo kit anyhow.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
That turbo looks so menacing compared to the stock setup.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
The graphs above are not HP/TQ graphs they are HP and TQ graphs separately. I pulled them apart so you can see how the HP and TQ compares to the same modifications on stock turbo.
lol my bad, I obviously wasn't paying attention! :doh:

Sponsored

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Are these dyno numbers and tunes based off this kit plus the map stage kit with downpipe exhaust etc. If so is there a mega pricing bundle you can do with everything included?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Are these dyno numbers and tunes based off this kit plus the map stage kit with downpipe exhaust etc. If so is there a mega pricing bundle you can do with everything included?
Only thing you would have to add on top of our turbo kit would be our catback and intercooler. Anybody that is interested in buying everything at once can definitely have a discount. Just drop me a message via email - [email protected]

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
time to go to my local credit union...might need another loan for "house upgrades"

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Is the $3,000 presale price?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.