bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Such a silly franchise. What about the NA eclipse "with the turbo".......
Silly? How dare you! :wink: I loved the first movie. Being a hardcore F&F geek. Even the last few were hard to stomach for me.:headbang:
Sponsored

catdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 iconic silver pp1
Silly? How dare you! :wink: I loved the first movie. Being a hardcore F&F geek. Even the last few were hard to stomach for me.:headbang:
They were neat movies but just strange how seemingly purposely it wasn't accurate when it could have been so easily. Dom doing a wheelstand on 275 radial TAS on a car with a blower and 2.25 inch exhaust. Like come on guys why not just use a car that could really do that 🤷

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Have seen all to include F9 in the theater. Tradition. I go into it expecting trash that makes no sense and I'm never disappointed. I LOVE these movies! Only real annoyance is keeping Paul Walkers character going. Still presumed dead, even Wonder Woman could come back, nobody saw the body. Some of the Hotwheels types of cars they have are pretty cool too.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
They were neat movies but just strange how seemingly purposely it wasn't accurate when it could have been so easily. Dom doing a wheelstand on 275 radial TAS on a car with a blower and 2.25 inch exhaust. Like come on guys why not just use a car that could really do that 🤷
I think it's all part of it too. At this point even their "normal" drives aren't making much sense.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Was cool to see if nothing else lol

Exterior_Engine_Hatch-1280x853.jpg

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I just prefer manual, I'm not living my life a quarter mile at a time…
The star cars were all manuals, presumably because an auto shifting isn’t very cinematic, and let’s face it….a manual car revving on-call is perhaps the best reason to own a three pedal car in both reality and fiction 🍻

catdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 iconic silver pp1
The star cars were all manuals, presumably because an auto shifting isn’t very cinematic, and let’s face it….a manual car revving on-call is perhaps the best reason to own a three pedal car in both reality and fiction 🍻

True. My point was that as I rarely race the cars and don't daily drive it the manual was a good choice. But as someone who works for ford and has driven every ford made to date gt-fiesta etc I'll admit the 10 speeds are very nice compared to the old days

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
...best I remember, around 50 or so years ago, manual trans
were the deciding factor for vehicles getting excellent gas mileage.

I didn't know that had changed..........................:inspect:
Modern automatics are faster at shifting/acceleration and generally get better fuel economy than the same car with a manual trans.

I really like the 8 speed used by Toyota in the new Supra and the other iterations of that ZF box, but wanted a manual so didn't get one. Brilliant transmission I also love the PDK. Don't know much about the FOMOCO/GM 10 speed, but not really interested or willing to trust either.

My car is a fun car, so wanted the manual. If was a DD, would have gotten an auto.

Last edited:

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I used to be able to hit the steel at 1000 yards, those days are gone.
(can't afford the practice ammo, anyone who can shoot that well will understand)
If a computer scope will let me bag that Elk, I'm ok with it.
I can't even see the targets at 300 yards when shooting Iron sights anymore lol.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
True. My point was that as I rarely race the cars and don't daily drive it the manual was a good choice. But as someone who works for ford and has driven every ford made to date gt-fiesta etc I'll admit the 10 speeds are very nice compared to the old days
Understood, and no argument there 🍻

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think the cars were different enough that I don't know that the comparison is that meaningful, but for one perspective, here's what a pro driver, Randy Pobst, says about the 10-speed on track with the Mach 1:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think the cars were different enough that I don't know that the comparison is that meaningful, but for one perspective, here's what a pro driver, Randy Pobst, says about the 10-speed on track with the Mach 1:
Randy did mention that the 10R80 did a lot of shifting . . . I assume while driving at speeds consistent with street driving.

Norm

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OK, so that's better. Now we have a read on you. You're gonna fit right in. :like: :fistbump:

PS. didn't know about that Reddit thing. Thanks.
That's okay Reddit is for losers.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Randy did mention that the 10R80 did a lot of shifting . . . I assume while driving at speeds consistent with street driving.

Norm
LOL, nice job on finding about the only negative thing he said about it. He also said that the 10 speeds allowed the engine to stay in the power band, keeping performance up, so it's a trade-off.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...the bottom line to me is; it's a man thing.

Be a man, learn how to 'row them gears'.
Not be a sissy and jump in an auto.

My mom is 86yo and she can drive an auto..................:cwl:
Sponsored