RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean crunch? I sometimes get and extra "click" when shifting into gear, usually 1-3, but not a grind at all. I've also notice that when doing spirited driving it does not have the extra "click". This is also random, not necessarily all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It happens mostly when cruising at slow speeds while in gear. Like, second gear while slowing down so RPMs fall around 800-1000 follow by some slow acceleration to the 2000ish range. Sounds like two grainy surfaces rubbing together.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the thud as well, but not concerned about it.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Its normal with a rear diff.
I have had (5) manual transmission rear wheel drive vehicles and another (4) rear wheel drive with an auto transmission and have driven countless others. I have not had a clunk, thud, crunch from any if them. This includes my 15 EB Mustang with a manual.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thud is there. It's pretty subtle, and to me not objectionable. Quirks of the MT82.

Sponsored

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I have had (5) manual transmission rear wheel drive vehicles and another (4) rear wheel drive with an auto transmission and have driven countless others. I have had a clunk, thud, crunch from any if them. This includes my 15 EB Mustang with a manual.

I'm confused at your statement. You have or haven't had said issues from them?

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Oops! I have not had an issue.

Ah ok, cool! Seems like most the PP guys are having this, including myself. I started an MT-82 thread earlier last week, see how they've been holding up. Wanted to keep track of it since its been riddled with issues in the past. So far everything is looking strong.

JayTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
after installing my steeda transmission bushing the thud has almost but all gone away. Been trying to listen for it but haven't really heard anything. The thud that i use to get from stopping at a light and going back to first or seconds seems to have gone away too.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
after installing my steeda transmission bushing the thud has almost but all gone away. Been trying to listen for it but haven't really heard anything. The thud that i use to get from stopping at a light and going back to first or seconds seems to have gone away too.

I saw the install it's pretty straight forward, I just don't see how it would improve anything? Can someone enlighten me?

Sponsored

904GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT s550
don't wait.. take it to a dealer. mine got worse and this sunday i was on the highway (6th) and dropped it into 5th and the clutch completely lost pressure. i had to dry clutch all the way back home and to the dealer the next day.. they told me the flywheel cover, clutch, and bearing are all destroyed and are trying to blame me... which is absolutely bullshit so now I'm having to deal with customer relations and get someone to fix this thing. my car only has 2300 miles.. be sure you at least make the complaint to ford so if something similar happens to you, theres proof.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
don't wait.. take it to a dealer. mine got worse and this sunday i was on the highway (6th) and dropped it into 5th and the clutch completely lost pressure. i had to dry clutch all the way back home and to the dealer the next day.. they told me the flywheel cover, clutch, and bearing are all destroyed and are trying to blame me... which is absolutely bullshit so now I'm having to deal with customer relations and get someone to fix this thing. my car only has 2300 miles.. be sure you at least make the complaint to ford so if something similar happens to you, theres proof.
THIS! And make sure your paperwork lists ALL your complaints. My list keeps getting bigger.

Last edited:

sunfigt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guelo
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium PP
Hey! I want to contribute by saying that I test drove a GT with PP before reading anything in this thread. I did notice the "THUD" and so did the salesman and my friend in the back seat. Honestly, this sound is the only thing that kept me from buying the car that day. It doesn't matter how you put it, a new car is a new car! it should not have any abnormal noises like this one. What happened with "FordService" / "Rachel"? Can she help us with some peace of mind from Ford?

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey! I want to contribute by saying that I test drove a GT with PP before reading anything in this thread. I did notice the "THUD" and so did the salesman and my friend in the back seat. Honestly, this sound is the only thing that kept me from buying the car that day. It doesn't matter how you put it, a new car is a new car! it should not have any abnormal noises like this one. What happened with "FordService" / "Rachel"? Can she help us with some peace of mind from Ford?
Hey sunfigt,

While driving habits can contribute to the “thud,” if it’s outside normal parameters, I recommend taking it to the dealer for diagnosis. The noise can be caused by not pressing the clutch pedal all the way down, which results in the clutch still being partially engaged.

I’m sad to see this was a deal breaker with the GT you test drove; the salesman would be in the best position to have that particular vehicle looked at. I’m happy to help you locate another Mustang to test drive. Just send me a PM with your ZIP code and any specs you prefer.

Rachel

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
lol People overeacting . Google "thud when shifting" and youll pull up a shit ton of threads ranging from BMWs to FR-Ss. If you honestly didnt buy an S550 because of it, go buy yourself an automatic Honda Accord ;)

Most performance vehicles have this trait. Im anal about noises but this doesnt bother me one bit.
Sponsored