Sponsored

Making the active exhaust slightly louder

ronnyek42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT pp2, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Ram 3500
So I've got the active exhaust on my 2018 gt pp2. I'm very happy with the exhaust note, and would like it still to be just a tad louder... not annoying or making my neighbors mad... and wondered if anyone had any advice. I'm not super fond of the xpipe sound with the rasp, so for midpipes I was thinking of going with the magnaflow resonated midpipe or just a non-resonated hpipe.

Wondered if anyone had gone with an hpipe or something and could comment on how neighbor friendly it could be. Seems like americanmuscle said hpipe exhaust was generally like 5db louder in each of the modes.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have a 2018 GT PP1 with the active exhaust. I cut out the resonator and installed my Corsa double X pipe that I had on my 15 GT and the exhaust is perfect sounding.

I also wanted just a little bit more sound in all of the modes except quiet mode and achieved just that. Especially in track mode giving some good throttle it sounds great without any drone or rasp.

Quiet is still quiet when starting up in the garage and leaving my neighborhood in the early morning hours so no upset neighbors.

OP
OP
ronnyek42

ronnyek42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT pp2, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak, Ram 3500

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I have a question related and hope Op don't get mad at me.

If I program My Key to always be in Track Mode exhaust will the Quiet morning settings override the My Key settings for the hour established?

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
6db is about 50% more perceived volume. No thanks.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Recently swapped out the resonator for a stainless H-Pipe. It's noticeably louder, though not what I would consider too loud and I'm old and cranky... Certainly don't want to be 'that guy' in the neighborhood with the obnoxiously loud vehicle.

Just keep a light foot on the throttle and it's not so loud it will piss off your neighbors. When you hammer it you'll definitely hear the difference, especially in Track mode.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have active exhaust and Steeda H-pipe. I absolutely love it. Cold starts are noticeably louder but I haven't set it to start in quiet mode since I don't go to work early in the morning.

Cruising around is very pleasant with a nice mellow deep purr in any of the modes. No issue having a normal conversation or listening to the sound system. I also deleted the sound tube which I think improves overall interior sound quality with more emphasis on the exhaust. Under hard acceleration, it goes from deep aggressive rumble in quiet to all-out NASCAR loud in track.

I love the h-pipe.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
I took out my resonator ran h pipe hated it. Got the Steeds x pipe absolutely love it unbelievable how much difference it makes. Quiet mode still great. Everything is a little louder but not too loud .

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Everyone's tastes are different! The shop that installed my H-pipe told me that they remove about as many X-pipes as the install due to customer disappointment. I know lots of people like the rasp, though. To each his own.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I took out my resonator ran h pipe hated it. Got the Steeds x pipe absolutely love it unbelievable how much difference it makes. Quiet mode still great. Everything is a little louder but not too loud .
Curious, what didn't you like about the h-pipe?

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Curious, what didn't you like about the h-pipe?
For me it was way too loud with the h pipe I find it the Steeda X added volume but not crazy loud. I've had other X & H pipes before for me it was just too loud

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
I have a 2018 GT PP1 with the active exhaust. I cut out the resonator and installed my Corsa double X pipe that I had on my 15 GT and the exhaust is perfect sounding.

I also wanted just a little bit more sound in all of the modes except quiet mode and achieved just that. Especially in track mode giving some good throttle it sounds great without any drone or rasp.

Quiet is still quiet when starting up in the garage and leaving my neighborhood in the early morning hours so no upset neighbors.
I have a corsa xtreme catback from by 2016 car as well and was thinking of this. Do you have any clips of it?
Sponsored