Sponsored

Corsa Active Exhaust Making Hissing Sound!?

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
Hey everyone! A little issue I am having has been driving me crazy out of curiosity so I figured I would ask for opinions.

About a month ago, I had the Corsa Active Catback installed on my 2020 GT w/ ofc active exhaust. I absolutely love Corsa and to me, its either Corsa or stock but here is the strange part..
After I installed their system, even made sure my self at the shop it was installed correct, Quiet mode works perfect, Track mode works perfect, but funny part is that anytime I accelerate with the exhaust in either Normal or Sport mode, the exhaust makes a hissing sound. Now I know this is most likely because of valves being in the half closed position and its just the air pressure but either way, I just wanted to see if anyone else has this sound. It is not the rattling I hear everyone talking about though, it is just a hissing sound in those two modes. Does anyone else have this sound? Would love to know!

By the way, I am in no way complaining about Corsa's exhaust. I absolutely love it and either way, I drive in track mode 99% of the time!
Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
That typically points to an exhaust leak somewhere. It doesn't have to be a big leak to be audible honestly.

OP
OP
alpha_s550

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
That typically points to an exhaust leak somewhere. It doesn't have to be a big leak to be audible honestly.
Gotchyaaa.. but mind if I ask, how come it only makes the hissing sound when in normal or sport exhaust modes and sound comes out of the mufflers

OP
OP
alpha_s550

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response guys. I did take it to the shop that installed my exhaust and they looked at it for less than 60 seconds and claimed there was no leak but I know there is. For now, it's good enough to drive but when I have time, I'm going to take it to an experienced shop to fix the issue!
Sponsored