S550Will

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
When Diablomatt did his intake manifold shootout testing, the MAK inlet gained 31hp believe it or not, with no other changes.

Bottom of page 4 of his thread.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/procharger-intake-manifold-shootout.85487/page-4
The only thing I'm unsure about is what kind of gains you will see since I have the new style intake from procharger. I noticed on this test the whp gains were impressive, but this was also the old style intake with the silicone elbow coming off the procharger. The new style which I have is a hard PVC.

Gr8whtckrwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Briten
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the feedback. I personally asked the procharger tech and they could not give me any answers. I think I will go ahead and get it.
Good luck getting one, I’ve been calling once a week for 3 weeks and they don’t have any and no eta. I just ordered a filter, silicone coupler and picking up some 4” piping tomorrow and going to make my own.

Sponsored

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Yea procharger tech told me they were sending me one..... months ago. They are not very quick to reply or supply.

Gr8whtckrwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Briten
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea procharger tech told me they were sending me one..... months ago. They are not very quick to reply or supply.
I meant good luck getting a MAK inlet, I’ve been calling MAK once a week and they have no eta on the availability of the inlet, which is why i decided to make my own.
I’ve had all good experiences and responses from procharger whenever I’ve needed anything.

OP
OP
S550Will

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I meant good luck getting a MAK inlet, I’ve been calling MAK once a week and they have no eta on the availability of the inlet, which is why i decided to make my own.
I’ve had all good experiences and responses from procharger whenever I’ve needed anything.
I went ahead and placed an order on their website. I'll let you know if it ships soon.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
When Diablomatt did his test he picked up a psi of boost and tested against the "old" Procharger inlet.I then went out and bought the MAK after that. I also picked up 1 psi of boost but boy is it a bitch to put on and take off. Procharger has since changed their inlet to a formed plastic piece. I purchased that and noticed no loss of power or psi and it is MUCH easier to put on and take off.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When Diablomatt did his test he picked up a psi of boost and tested against the "old" Procharger inlet.I then went out and bought the MAK after that. I also picked up 1 psi of boost but boy is it a bitch to put on and take off. Procharger has since changed their inlet to a formed plastic piece. I purchased that and noticed no loss of power or psi and it is MUCH easier to put on and take off.
How’s the clearance on the radiator degas hose and the PC hard plastic tube? I am still on the original rubber inlet and have never like how the two rub on each other on my car. I tried shifting the radiator as far left as I could, but zero clearance. I figured the hard plastic tube would be worse, but an extra psi is calling my name now.

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
How’s the clearance on the radiator degas hose and the PC hard plastic tube? I am still on the original rubber inlet and have never like how the two rub on each other on my car. I tried shifting the radiator as far left as I could, but zero clearance. I figured the hard plastic tube would be worse, but an extra psi is calling my name now.
Worse than with the rubber elbow...I could not get it installed. I ended up cutting off the nipple on the radiator (dremel) so I had a small enough piece I could clamp a hose on. After that no issue at all.

OP
OP
S550Will

S550Will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hopefully they ship soon, but I have not gotten any type of notice about it being back ordered. I just hope I see the same type of horsepower increase going from the hard plastic inlet to the Mak.

Gr8whtckrwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Briten
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hopefully they ship soon, but I have not gotten any type of notice about it being back ordered. I just hope I see the same type of horsepower increase going from the hard plastic inlet to the Mak.
Interestingly, I first wanted a MAK but due to MAK not being able to give me an eta because they are waiting on a supplier for something with the kit, I called procharger to order the rotomold inlet tube to find out those are backordered with no eta also ‍♂.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Love my mak inlet pipe. i had it installed when my Procharger D1x was installed . But I've read there’s 31 hp and 15lbs of torque increase. And the size of that filter:

https://ibb.co/fCP25w5

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Worse than with the rubber elbow...I could not get it installed. I ended up cutting off the nipple on the radiator (dremel) so I had a small enough piece I could clamp a hose on. After that no issue at all.
Thanks, I was guessing that was the case, really no way around it I suppose.
Sponsored