R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I got them out , and it was not easy !!....Okay I just drove it and it feels much better...Let me ask do they have them in the rear as well? the car is still a little bounce-y.... Oh and I race a new corvette and lost..badly..lol In my defense..I did not want to floor it....but still..that car is fast....oh well back to the yellow spring "things" what else can make the car so bouncy ?
b4a75782-3090-48e9-b4a8-5bd0d0c774fc.jpg
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Oy. Another dealership fail. Can they do anything correctly?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Mine isn't an R (I understand the differences in spring rate and damper adjustments) but I noticed in normal mode my 350, on the certain road surfaces, can pitch front to back at a frequency that is a bit annoying. This is one of the reasons I drive in sport mode most of the time.

Congrats on your recent delivery, I know you've been waiting a loooooong time.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I got them out , and it was not easy !!....Okay I just drove it and it feels much better...Let me ask do they have them in the rear as well? the car is still a little bounce-y.... Oh and I race a new corvette and lost..badly..lol In my defense..I did not want to floor it....but still..that car is fast....oh well back to the yellow spring "things" what else can make the car so bouncy ?
Maybe mine was a little easier cause I had more miles on it. Neat little souvenirs though... Adds character to the experience. But they should've been removed from the dealer.

How did you remove them?

Don't know about the rear for yours but mine didn't have any and I'm assuming they're only in the front to aid in loading/unloading the car.

Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Dealers are all schmucks, and not just Ford. In the last year I've bought an S550 vert, a Scatpack, a Subaru WRX and an Impreza and every single car had the tires grossly overinflated at delivery. Just makes you wonder if they do anything on the PDI at all.

All they want is that almighty $$$$ and to hell with the customer.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe mine was a little easier cause I had more miles on it. Neat little souvenirs though... Adds character to the experience. But they should've been removed from the dealer.

How did you remove them?

Don't know about the rear for yours but mine didn't have any and I'm assuming they're only in the front to aid in loading/unloading the car.
Agreed they should have been removed by the dealer, but some people are so anal about these cars they don't let the dealer do their PDI on them. I get not wanting the dealer to wash/detail it, but there is a reason the PDI process exists.

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The bounciness you're referring to might just be the suspension reacting to a certain road surface. When I got my RX-7 many years ago, it was almost undriveable on one road in my area - sort of a rocking horse sensation - because of mild undulations in the road surface. It never was a problem on any other street or in any other car.

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Gentlemen That OWN R's only listen up...lol see PDI list below See #2 half way down the list..:thumbsup:
IF you had the spring spacers on the front and had to remove them yourself then I assure you the dealer forgot the ones on the back as well.:doh:.These are not on the normal GT350 but only the R's :shrug: Everyone that has a R should check to see if they are still on the car.:eyebulge:..When off the car will ride great !!!!!!!!! :headbang:
PDI.jpg

OP
OP
R 350 gt Donson

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)

How did you remove them?

No brother they are on both ends, and the back are not possible to remove with out lifting the car...the front was removed with a pair of piers and good old fashion brute..:paddle: You might want to check yours

This is going to be so funny if everyone's R had this crap still on them...I can not wait to hear how well everyone likes their R's with these spacers off of them....I put 100 miserable miles on my car ...thinking bad thoughts the whole time..Do not get me wrong the car is fast, loud, beautiful, and turns on a dime...it was just the bouncing...Im so happy I started this thread...thanks again P.S...This Ford PDI guy almost ruined my R experience for the first impressions anyway..lol Now I can enjoy my car..
Sponsored