Sponsored

Magnetic owners - how hard to upkeep

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
I've found it very easy to take care of and hides dust/dirt very well. I'm also having a hard time finding any swirls or scratches on it after more than a year of ownership (I do always hand wash). It either hides em really well, or I do a good job of taking care of it. Let's just say it's the latter ;)
Sponsored

pigdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Premium 6MT MM/Saddle
My Magnetic EB has been much easier to look clean compared to past black cars. Only problem is that I live on a gravel road (about 1/2 mile to blacktop road) and it gets dusty. Sure would like a good set of splash guards that don't have to be drilled to install and don't cost a fortune.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
very easy to clean and even when dirty, it doesn't really look it. I find that of the darker colors, this one is pretty easy to maintain.. and no swirl marks.. lol When she's clean, in daylight she freakin' shines and the pain just sparkles! I can't tell you how many compliments I get on the color during the day. At night, she's stealthy as black..

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Having come from a 2005 GT Mineral Gray, I knew right away Magnetic would be my colour. It does show dirt more that some of the lighter colours, but nothing like black. The range of colours you see from the sun, lights and dark makes it such a unique shade, plus it is such a steathly colour. No regrets from me.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Magnetic is almost 2 different colors depending on what time of day it is. When it is bright and sunny in the middle of the day it almost looks silver, but late day or at night it looks black. I find that it hides the swirl marks and scratches very well and it looks clean even when dusty. You do see the dust but you have to get close. I like it a lot.:headbang:
2015 Mustang GT 001 (Medium).jpg

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Magnetic is almost 2 different colors depending on what time of day it is. When it is bright and sunny in the middle of the day it almost looks silver, but late day or at night it looks black. I find that it hides the swirl marks and scratches very well and it looks clean even when dusty. You do see the dust but you have to get close. I like it a lot.:headbang:
Exactly, because the colour changes during the day with the sun it also hides the dirt well, but I'm still besotted anyway so cleaning it isn't a chore but a labour of love

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm afraid my OCD has taken over and I have been washing it just about every weekend. At most I can get 3 days before I start noticing dust and after a week it's just too much for me. My last sports car was a black '79 Capri, I don't think I washed it as much as this one. That car ended up grey primer for the last 13 years I had it.

I do love my Magnetic color it does hide the dirt, probably why I can wait a week between washes. And it does look pretty cool in the light and when there is green stuff around for it to reflect off of.

Side question, anyone else's electrified (static charged)? I blame most of the dust on that, not sure if that is silly or not. When I climb out after a drive the door handle shocks me when I go to close it. Probably just because I live in such a dry climate. Just wanted to see.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Side question, anyone else's electrified (static charged)? I blame most of the dust on that, not sure if that is silly or not. When I climb out after a drive the door handle shocks me when I go to close it. Probably just because I live in such a dry climate. Just wanted to see.
I get a good shock everytime i get out and go to shut the door. Can't figure out why. I'm at the point now i subconsciously use the back of my sleeved wrist when closing it.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
there are waxes that have antistatic agents in them think chemical guys gloss enhancer has a antistatic , i use there sealer, butter wax and gloss enhancer and even after a week the dirty rolls off with a light wash,

this is after a wash wax and gloss enhancer. i sealed it the day i got the car. was a week old there she's lowered now .. just thinking on rims to get now :)

i mixed this color in work the other day just to see how the match was.. it has alot of flop agent in it , plus 2 diff silvers, and 2 diff blacks plus about 5 other things lol
20160416_190316 (2).jpg

Lantastic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Manual
I might be in the minority here, but I'd say it's just alright. Then again I switched from an old off white acura that I drove in college. I rarely washed it and you couldn't tell! I now wash my car about every weekend. But the black wheels do my OCD no favors. They get dusty when you even think about driving the car!

Sponsored

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I usually buy a red or black car. As I say that, my last three cars were Magnetic, magnetic and light blue. The light blue was for my daughter.

I enjoy the hell out of detailing. I find it to be a stress releiver. Go out to the garage, open a beer, wash the car, open a beer. Clay, beer, wash, beer, swirl removal, maybe a beer, wax or sealant, beer. Then take a nap in the car, clean and wipe down exterior.

Using black paint products to mak it have that dripping wet black look... Is awesome. Having magnetic and keeping that clean for wha that's worth, awesome!

Whateve the color, I wash and maintain the car pretty much the same frequency. Black does show MUCH more than any color I have owned. I p Etta much say, "eh, no differenc in my schedule." If my car is dirty, I don't fret to much. They get dirty, they're out in the world in the weather.

I have think magnetic grey is an aw some color for a mustang. IMHO

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I'm not sure where you guys are living but mine is a dust magnet. It lasts about a day before it needs to be washed. From a distance you can't tell but up close there's dust everywhere. Not as bad as black. My silver one stayed clean for weeks and his dirt well.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Mostly, it's my PP wheels that load up on brake dust (front) and the rear, glossy panel. Neither of which are specific to Magnetic. I think the rest of the car hides dirt really well.

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I'm not sure where you guys are living but mine is a dust magnet. It lasts about a day before it needs to be washed. From a distance you can't tell but up close there's dust everywhere. Not as bad as black. My silver one stayed clean for weeks and his dirt well.
Haha yup. 2 days after a nice wash the car is nice and dusty.
Sponsored