Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so the install is done. To me it was more like 5" from the resonator welds (more like Bill showed). I just started it up to reverse up and down the driveway and initial thoughts are it's quieter than the stock H resonator (which is straight through by the way as you can see from 1 end to the other).

However, the tone was that signature Magnaflow smooth rumble (a bit different than stock)... will have to put some miles on it tomorrow and wait a few hundred km to let the tone settle in before a final verdict can be had.
It is quieter immediately, but that will change. As stated before, put some miles on it. Mine is fully broken in and I have found that the sound is just a little less on the inside (windows up), but more distinctive and crisp than with the stock resonator. With the windows down, however, it's noticeably more throaty and smoother sounding, as well as a bit more volume. It made mine really aggressive and angry sounding, but without being raspy.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the FRPP Touring cat-back system, will this fit right in?
If you place the X pipe from your FFRP kit on top of this and mark where the exit pipes of the X pipe ends on the new setup and cut the pipes to the same length then yes it will plug and play right in without cutting your existing pipes. This is what I am doing with my Borla X pipe (identical detentions as FFRP as both are made by Borla).

You can see in this picture what I'm talking about, just cut the Maggie Reso X pipe to the same length as the X pipe and BOOM, Bob's your uncle.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Because this is just a muffler, not a resonator AND it is not an X internally AND it does not have the required pipes welded to it to make it fit the car out of the box.
Actually that is an X internally. The 11386 (what I have and I am certain is the muffler in this kit) is smaller and also an internal X. The 12468 is 4" longer and an inch wider so it would be as quiet as the stock resonator, possibly quieter.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12468
https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=11386

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually that is an X internally. The 11386 (what I have and I am certain is the muffler in this kit) is smaller and also an internal X. The 12468 is 4" longer and an inch wider so it would be as quiet as the stock resonator, possibly quieter.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12468
https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=11386
My bad, I missed the part about it being an X internally. I did notice it was bigger but this is not the same as buying the CJPP version thats for sure :thumbsup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My bad, I missed the part about it being an X internally. I did notice it was bigger but this is not the same as buying the CJPP version thats for sure :thumbsup:
Nope, definitely not. In function, the 11386 is the same, but you have to weld it as I did.

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
No. Just like there is no versions of a resonator delete that feature a 3" out unless it is part of a cat-back system.
Love that you're offering this. Consider for the future a 3" in - 3" out version. SO many guys on here have long tubes, would like to flow 3" all the way AND keep the rasp down.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Got the MF installed this morning and initial impressions is that it is MUCH quieter than the MRT H-Pipe I had installed. Quieter than expected. The exhaust note sounds a lot better IMO even thou it's quieter. It's deeper, grumbly, smoother, velvety, and more refined. Before it was just stupid loud with a high pitch and crack to it. I'm very pleased with the results and hope that once its broken in that it will be slightly louder.

In the cabin with the windows rolled up you can still hear the mean grumble of the exhaust but can hold a normal conversation. When you step on it the exhaust really opens up, but that is more characteristic of the Corsa mufflers than the MagnaFlow. Overall, this product tamed my wild exhaust.

On my 2013 Mustang I had the same Corsa Touring mufflers but still retained the stock resonator and cats and I thought my car was too quiet. My setup is the perfect balance between Mild and Wild.

Here is a sound clip of the before: Corsa Touring Mufflers, Cat Delete, MRT H-Pipe
[ame]

Here is a sound clip of the after: Corsa Touring Mufflers, Cat Delete, MagnaFlow Tru-X Resonated
[ame]

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love that you're offering this. Consider for the future a 3" in - 3" out version. SO many guys on here have long tubes, would like to flow 3" all the way AND keep the rasp down.
+1 on this. I hate that my stock exhaust chokes to 2 1/4" then opens up to 3" for my axle back. I plan to install long tubes and run full 3" in the future and want to pair my exhaust with a MF Tru-X 3" version. At 780rwhp I am confident that my exhaust is holding me back.

-Cmy

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the MF installed this morning and initial impressions is that it is MUCH quieter than the MRT H-Pipe I had installed. Quieter than expected. The exhaust note sounds a lot better IMO even thou it's quieter. It's deeper, grumbly, smoother, velvety, and more refined. Before it was just stupid loud with a high pitch and crack to it. I'm very pleased with the results and hope that once its broken in that it will be slightly louder.

In the cabin with the windows rolled up you can still hear the mean grumble of the exhaust but can hold a normal conversation. When you step on it the exhaust really opens up, but that is more characteristic of the Corsa mufflers than the MagnaFlow. Overall, this product tamed my wild exhaust.

On my 2013 Mustang I had the same Corsa Touring mufflers but still retained the stock resonator and cats and I thought my car was too quiet. My setup is the perfect balance between Mild and Wild.
Sounds way nicer to me but the best part was you getting busted at the end of the first video lol

+1 on this. I hate that my stock exhaust chokes to 2 1/4" then opens up to 3" for my axle back. I plan to install long tubes and run full 3" in the future and want to pair my exhaust with a MF Tru-X 3" version. At 780rwhp I am confident that my exhaust is holding me back.

-Cmy
I used to think the same thing but after multiple conversations with Kooks engineers I was assured it would take over 900 rwhp for a difference to ever be noticed and at that we are talking like maybe 1-2 hp gain. Not worth a minute of sleep in my opinion.

Now my OCD on the other hand wouldn't mind at least 3" goes inta pipes and leave the 2.5" goes outta pipes to mate up to my 2.5" cat back :thumbsup:

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds way nicer to me but the best part was you getting busted at the end of the first video lol
I made my wife film another clip after she did that...but in the end I felt that it was funnier to leave her in it. I had my kid shoot the video at 6:30am yesterday on our way to school...I'm sure my neighbors loved it! :headbang:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I made my wife film another clip after she did that...but in the end I felt that it was funnier to leave her in it. I had my kid shoot the video at 6:30am yesterday on our way to school...I'm sure my neighbors loved it! :headbang:
hilarious :lol:

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What else is different between the cjpp version and the 12468 or 11386 besides extra piping? I cant imagine theyre charging 200 more for some extra piping.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.