Magnaflow Stainless Steel Tru-X Resonated X-Pipe for all 2015-2017 GT Mustangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I have the roush ab with a x pipe resonator delete.I am wanting to get this but will this be louder than the roush with stock resonator?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the roush ab with a x pipe resonator delete.I am wanting to get this but will this be louder than the roush with stock resonator?
Yes it is. Not a lot louder, but definitely a bit louder. If the Roush + stock resonator is a 5, and Roush + X-pipe is a 10, this with the Roush will be a 6 or 7. It takes a ~200 miles to fully break in.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
That is exactly what our goal was with this. We sought out to achieve the exact tone that you are speaking of.
Awesome! My buddy has the Roush axle-back with FRPP X-pipe, and it's way too noisy and 'brappy' for a daily. He only brings his out on weekends, I have a 20 mile one way commute.

Hopefully, someone will get this setup installed and post a video.

JR

Sponsored

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Awesome! My buddy has the Roush axle-back with FRPP X-pipe, and it's way too noisy and 'brappy' for a daily. He only brings his out on weekends, I have a 20 mile one way commute.

Hopefully, someone will get this setup installed and post a video.

JR
I've got a Roush axle back and I'm replacing my H-pipe res delete with this. I'm going to try to get to it this weekend, but I'll get a before and after video up when it's done.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I've got a Roush axle back and I'm replacing my H-pipe res delete with this. I'm going to try to get to it this weekend, but I'll get a before and after video up when it's done.
Thanks! I'm stoked to hear it! I love the sound of the Roush, but I just can't deal with the noise level.

It's funny - I had MAC Boom Tubes on my S197 3V, and even though it was loud, I could deal with it, but the 3V sounded WAAAYYY better with muffler deletes than the Coyote.

JR

Augster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi guys,
Any idea how this would sound on a completely stock system?
Thanks,
I'm curious as well. I plan to keep stock exhaust and maybe go with H-hipe, but wondering how this would compare.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Sounds like a great product offering...

Does anyone know if there is anything on the market for a 3" pipe set up?

Last edited:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Hi guys,
Any idea how this would sound on a completely stock system?
Thanks,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm curious as well. I plan to keep stock exhaust and maybe go with H-hipe, but wondering how this would compare.
I have a CJ H pipe sitting on my work bench now waiting to install. I would like to know the comparison with stock as well????

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It would be barely louder than it is. Given the quietness of the stock mufflers I would imagine you wouldn't notice much of a difference. It would have better tone, though, and will pick up a little bit of pull above 5000 rpm. An X or H pipe resonator delete on stock mufflers is definitely louder than this would be by a decent amount.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have the FRPP Touring cat-back system, will this fit right in?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'm doing the install now and instructions say to cut 4" from the back of the stock resonator welds ... now way, it's around 8" ... gonna check the video to see how it looked when Bill did it. Will report back.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
It would be barely louder than it is. Given the quietness of the stock mufflers I would imagine you wouldn't notice much of a difference. It would have better tone, though, and will pick up a little bit of pull above 5000 rpm. An X or H pipe resonator delete on stock mufflers is definitely louder than this would be by a decent amount.
I think I will stick with the "H" for now. I know at higher revs I will get a bit of rasp, but for 95% of the time it should be fine. and if not , I can always change. :cheers:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Ok, so the install is done. To me it was more like 5" from the resonator welds (more like Bill showed). I just started it up to reverse up and down the driveway and initial thoughts are it's quieter than the stock H resonator (which is straight through by the way as you can see from 1 end to the other).

However, the tone was that signature Magnaflow smooth rumble (a bit different than stock)... will have to put some miles on it tomorrow and wait a few hundred km to let the tone settle in before a final verdict can be had.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.