Not open for further replies.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I can't wait to hear some sound clips of people with this + Roush axlebacks after a couple hundred miles of break-in.
Sponsored

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I can't wait to hear some sound clips of people with this + Roush axlebacks after a couple hundred miles of break-in.
With my commute, I'll be happy to oblige in just a few days!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
looking for a setup with longtubes to factory connects, to a 3" cat back. not the sound, but how much of the magnaflow did you have to cut, and were you able to use the 2.5" to 3" adaptors that came with your 3" exhaust? guess the easy question is can it be cut and clamped or must it be welded on a 3" system?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
looking for a setup with longtubes to factory connects, to a 3" cat back. not the sound, but how much of the magnaflow did you have to cut, and were you able to use the 2.5" to 3" adaptors that came with your 3" exhaust? guess the easy question is can it be cut and clamped or must it be welded on a 3" system?
The best scenario to use this muffler with a 3" catback is to buy a Magnaflow 11386, have it welded it with a step up adapter to 3".

Sponsored

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I just replaced my resonator delete with this part and I like it. Install was a pain doing it on your back but one day I will get a lift

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
Before - CJPP H-pipe with Roush axle backs:

After - resonated X-pipe installed, still with Roush axle backs:

Not the best quality video, but you get a basic idea. It significantly tamed the Roush axle backs. Sorry the clips were so quick. I was already in the dog house, so I needed to finish up.

Also as has been mentioned before, the cut at 4" was not far enough back. The stock portion of my pipes are bumping up against the very subframe, I'm barely in the hangers at the axle, and the tips are sticking out further than I'd like. I'll need to get back under and trim about an extra inch off. I'm glad I had too much pipe rather than too little though!
Don't get me wrong, it sounds good with the Magnaflow, but to my ears that just sounds like my Roush AB did with the stock resonator. Not trying to be an ass, I'd just hate to spend $300 more to end up where I was before I spent $150 on the H pipe.

Did you ever have just the Roush AB with stock resonator? If so, how does it compare?

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did have the roush ab with stock resonator and it does sound close to that but I don't know if it will get a little louder with miles on it.

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
Thanks. Please keep us posted. Been thinking of switching from H to X with my Roush AB so I'll be watching this thread for your thoughts after it has time to burn in. I will say it's definitely got a smooth mellow sound with that Magnaflow that I'm really digging.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will try to post a video of it tomorrow

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get me wrong, it sounds good with the Magnaflow, but to my ears that just sounds like my Roush AB did with the stock resonator. Not trying to be an ass, I'd just hate to spend $300 more to end up where I was before I spent $150 on the H pipe.

Did you ever have just the Roush AB with stock resonator? If so, how does it compare?
I know with the Corsa Sport AB it got a lot throatier sounding with this vs. the stock resonator, particularly from around 2500 rpm on up.

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS

Stock resonator was long gone when I put on the Roush mufflers so I really can't comment on the difference. Hindsight being 20/20 I would have gone with a full catback from the start considering I spent near what a decent setup would have run me. That being said, I'm happy with where I ended up ultimately.

Also, if anyone in Northern VA is running Roush with the stock resonator I'd be interested in meeting up to compare.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
If this was available in a 3" set up I might think about going this route and doing a muffler delete.

The thought process is the the resonator will take away some of the rasp while volume output would be similar. It sounds that the res. reduces volume output considerably

Monsoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If this was available in a 3" set up I might think about going this route and doing a muffler delete.

The thought process is the the resonator will take away some of the rasp while volume output would be similar. It sounds that the res. reduces volume output considerably
Hi there. I have this resonated x-pipe installed with a Borla touring catback (in place of the non-resonated x-pipe. I can definitely confirm that it's a lot quieter with the resonated pipe...it made it much quieter than I expected. Although it has gotten a bit louder with time and use.

The rasp (by which I'm referring to the snapping sound on hard throttle application) has been completely eliminated on my car but it still has a clear distinction to the exhaust pulses. The factory resonator did not provide that.

It all depends on your preference and the sound you're going for, but speaking for myself, I'm really happy with how my car sounds now!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hi there. I have this resonated x-pipe installed with a Borla touring catback (in place of the non-resonated x-pipe. I can definitely confirm that it's a lot quieter with the resonated pipe...it made it much quieter than I expected. Although it has gotten a bit louder with time and use.

The rasp (by which I'm referring to the snapping sound on hard throttle application) has been completely eliminated on my car but it still has a clear distinction to the exhaust pulses. The factory resonator did not provide that.

It all depends on your preference and the sound you're going for, but speaking for myself, I'm really happy with how my car sounds now!
This is great feedback, thank you!

I'm wondering if a resonated X pipe will get rid of all the snap, crackle and pop that I love with my current exhaust though. I noticed that [MENTION=22947]cmylxgo[/MENTION] sound clips still retained a little of that.
I can totally see how a design like this would decrease volume. Pictures are just for reference.
magnaflowxpipedrawing.png
ultraf-flo x wlk-17553_cutaway.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.