RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Shane...do you have a lift to put the car up to work on easily? If not, I have one you can use. I'm not too far from you on the other side of the river in Indiana.

Let me know if you need help.

Tim
Sponsored

OP
OP
shanewendel

shanewendel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Shane...do you have a lift to put the car up to work on easily? If not, I have one you can use. I'm not too far from you on the other side of the river in Indiana.

Let me know if you need help.

Tim
Thanks for the offer. I have QuickJacks, but I've thrown in the towel on it being anything I can resolve myself. It's going to the dealership on Monday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shanewendel

shanewendel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Car is at the dealership since yesterday at 1PM (Bill Collins in Louisville, KY). No updates yet.

Y'all pray for me.

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Going all in and saying its a PCM Issue!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
shanewendel

shanewendel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
@shanewendel , day number 4 at the dealer??
Yep. I called them today and the Service Advisor said he was supposed to get a report by the end of the day from the tech. It's after 6pm here though and no call. They started working on it on Tuesday. He didn't have any information about what had already been tried.

I'm trying to be positive that it's a good thing that they haven't just called me and said "not covered". I'm assuming by this point they've already done stuff like compression test, leakdown, borescope, etc. and it's not something in the rotating assembly.

My money is on electronics too.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yep. I called them today and the Service Advisor said he was supposed to get a report by the end of the day from the tech. It's after 6pm here though and no call. They started working on it on Tuesday. He didn't have any information about what had already been tried.

I'm trying to be positive that it's a good thing that they haven't just called me and said "not covered". I'm assuming by this point they've already done stuff like compression test, leakdown, borescope, etc. and it's not something in the rotating assembly.

My money is on electronics too.
Thanks for the update. I hope they’re able to accurately diagnose and fix the issue, under warranty of course...

OP
OP
shanewendel

shanewendel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Thanks for the update. I hope they’re able to accurately diagnose and fix the issue, under warranty of course...
The warranty is a big deal for sure. It should be under warranty, but I don't have any way to know if it had been tuned after the first motor replacement. But again, I assume that I would have already been shutdown by now if there was an issue like that.

OP
OP
shanewendel

shanewendel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
@shanewendel , did the dealer leave you hanging after having your 350 all week?
Yep. Kind of sucked for this weekend because it was really nice out, but the arctic blast hits next tomorrow and I wouldnt be driving it anyway. I'm going to call them Tuesday morning if I don't hear anything.

Sponsored

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Replace the entire intake manifold. Sometimes the IMRC internals break, which Can be masked or misrepresented on tests.

remove intake manifold, flip upside down and see if the flaps move freely or are stuck. They should not move freely if you violently shake the intake, and they should not stay stuck if you manually move the IMRC actuator servo.

not sure if this has been suggested or tested, but my 2 cents. Hope everything works out!

OP
OP
shanewendel

shanewendel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
IMRC problems are definitely a possibility too. I considered taking the manifold off myself but decided to just take it in.

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yep. Kind of sucked for this weekend because it was really nice out, but the arctic blast hits next tomorrow and I wouldnt be driving it anyway. I'm going to call them Tuesday morning if I don't hear anything.
Sorry to hear. Someone should’ve contacted you w an update before the weekend...

FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates???
Sponsored