• Poll closed .

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My ability to use the clutch is vastly faster with a hand-clutch, ie on a motorcycle. Actually I had already pulled in the clutch just in case. Didn't stop me from wiping out on I-94 at Winnetka Road, bike spinning head of me and I'm on my belly looking up at 3 lanes of oncoming traffic.
Oof. Glad you made it out of that, hopefully no worse for wear.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My ability to use the clutch is vastly faster with a hand-clutch, ie on a motorcycle. Actually I had already pulled in the clutch just in case. Didn't stop me from wiping out on I-94 at Winnetka Road, bike spinning head of me and I'm on my belly looking up at 3 lanes of oncoming traffic.
Damn!! That’s a narly one!
I slid my Ducati under a car on 94 at the junction... sliding in between cars when I jumped off ... had some baaaad road rash on the forearms.
20 years ago

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Use of a clutch isn't a shield of invulnerability. If you're either blind sighted, come upon a situation that you over rode and could not get out of, you're potentially toast. I was hit while riding a motorcycle by a woman in a Grand Prix that ran a stop side. No clutch action in the world would have helped.

I don't see the analogy though. It seems like you're comparing apples to oranges... Good thing that neither you nor I suffered any further consequences of our motorcycle mishaps though.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Damn!! That’s a narly one!
I slid my Ducati under a car on 94 at the junction... sliding in between cars when I jumped off ... had some baaaad road rash on the forearms.
20 years ago
I went into a pot hole (more like a crater) and my front wheel never made it out, I went air born. Lucky to have walked away from that. Funny thing though, back in those days I had a beard and it must have rubbed against a mirror because when I picked up the bike, there was hair embedded in the curled metal. The beard saved me from getting sliced on that, I'm sure.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I went into a pot hole (more like a crater) and my front wheel never made it out, I went air born. Lucky to have walked away from that. Funny thing though, back in those days I had a beard and it must have rubbed against a mirror because when I picked up the bike, there was hair embedded in the curled metal. The beard saved me from getting sliced on that, I'm sure.
How are we alive still!? Lol

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
One thing not mentioned, in the US the stick has a $1,000 gas guzzler tax and the automatic doesn’t. My last stick was a C5 Corvette. Loved it in Oklahoma, sold it in Atlanta. Punching the clutch every few feet gets old. But I’m ordering mine Monday and still not sure which to get. There are none to test drive. But the tremec w/rev match seems so much fun on YouTube.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Auto gets tax too, I know cause I paid it

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
As that is not from Ford, it is totally incorrect. My invoice from Granger Ford includes it.
I would question them about it. One thousand would cover some mods.

Competition53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 competition orange mustang gt
How does The Manual Man handle black ice? With the clutch of course. How does he win races? By using the clutch, Naturally. The Manual Man doesn't need anything else. Steering, braking, and acceleration are all effortlessly effected by deft movements of the left foot. All with a display of true connection to his vehicle which no auto boy can ever hope to achieve. The Manual Man. The Clutch Using Man.
That was Beautiful man 😢
The t-shirts, coffee cups, and bumper stickers would be flying off the shelves for “The Manual Man” and for “Auto Boys”!
Man I really need to make these, seems to be some profit here 🧐

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Could you explain what prevents someone in the exact same situation with an auto from shifting it into neutral in the same amount of time?
It's not nearly as instinctive to select 'N' with an automatic transmission as it is to step on a clutch with a MT. Chances are with a MT all you'd do would be to step on the clutch pedal.

I'd be willing to bet that most AT drivers never select anything that isn't 'P', 'R', or 'D'. None of which you'd change to with the car moving.

Norm
Sponsored