Sponsored

Mach 1 Track Attack Experience (Sept 13-14)

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Hello Folks,
I know this has been covered many times but just wanted to share some pics and my experience.

The class setup and instructors were excellent, just as many have said I regret not getting the 2nd day 😐

Day 1: Dinner missed it due to really bad experience with enterprise (They took over an hour to rent my car due to their shit system). So avoid Enterprise in NC per what others have said as well.

Day 2: I got 0 sleep the night before (call it excitement - I wish I had taken something). Going into it I was a little concerned my lack of sleep would cause me issues but I was enjoying it so much and was so focused that it actually turned out excellent.

I received an awesome looking #15 car to match my red shoes lol.

1) Braking - The braking was probably the only time I felt a little loss of control. The instructors tell you to go all out until the braking zone. I kept pushing it each time and on my last try at high speed I slammed on my brakes and my rear stepped out for a second. Fortunately easing off the brakes some got me straight again. Instructor came up to me said make sure to hold steering wheel straight, I watched my video and I had the steering straight it was probably something on the road at high speed or who knows.

2) Accelerations runs - We did a few No lift shift + Launch control + Braking on this run. That was fun as hell.

3) Ford Fusion Skid Cars - These were really cool, I told the instructor to go hard on me and I was able to do some nice saves while under/over steering. I managed not to spin out but a few of them I was over correcting too much. Kind of wish they had us do more of these with the real car.

4) Autocross - We had an autocross track setup where we went through all the modes (normal, sport plus, Track) to see how the car changes behavior each time.

5) Final Track time - This was the most fun. We had a fast group, it was great challenge but enjoyable. 1st round you go slow with the instructor to familiarize yourself with the track and the turning/braking zones and such. Then you go back to class for 15 min or so before attempt #2. Second round you step it up some but the real fun begins on the 3rd and last round of laps. I really enjoyed this last session what an amazing experience.

6) Demo lap - instructor takes you for a wild ride, I was smiling all the way to the end (Had Nausea too - probably from the high speeds and lack of sleep lol). The instructor put us all to shame, I was amazed by the handling and grip of these cars.

AC4V2613.jpg
IMG_3527.jpg
I

AC4V2099.jpg

AC4V2142.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

AC4V2372.jpg

AC4V2133.jpg

AC4V2024.jpg
Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
I had the #15 car in late August and had a great time. I did the two day course. It was brilliant. Very glad you had a good time!

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Glad you enjoyed it! I had blast when I did it last year.

Sponsored

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Glad to see Red 8 still at it. Amazing how these cars keep going after all the beating it gets. I forgot to ask them what their maintenance schedule is like for these cars. Glad u had a blast as well. Highly recommend it.

OP
OP
JetGray_Mach1

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
You were in my class, I was in the yellow #13. It was a great day, and no I didn't much sleep the night before either, I was too excited!
Haha must have been the excitement for sure. Nice I got a picture of your #13 car :like:
Sponsored