Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Zach,

Using that example above what percentage does a Ford Franchise come away with as far as profit on that transaction?

I'm just totally curious; you don't have to post exacting values, just approximate.
Well it's a little bit of a moving target. How long did it sit on the lot? What are their expenses? Etc.

We can make it work on a sold order unit because we don't have floorplan interest expense or really any advertising expenses. So we can make 2-4% of msrp and then we hope to get a chance to finance or a trade to make up for the difference and make it a little better.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Does the 2% below invoice on Mach 1's work only for dealer orders or can someone place an order and receive the same offer. Thanks!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Does the 2% below invoice on Mach 1's work only for dealer orders or can someone place an order and receive the same offer. Thanks!
That is what we are selling Retail Orders for. So if you order it specific to how you want to equip it. On a vehicle we order for stock we would not discount it at that rate.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I am seeing 10K - 15K markups where I am....crazy! I am waiting to see if Ford will offer Rapid Red for 2022 but if not then with the pics from Zach posted here, Velocity Blue will do the trick. And of course I will order with Zach if the same pricing can apply for the 2022 models.

Zach...Any more pictures of the velocity blue if you have the time would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Here's a couple pictures in better lighting.

PXL_20210417_133017549.jpg

PXL_20210417_132927784.jpg

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
And, before someone asks, the small red rectangle is a magnetic placard advising first responders that my ADA mandated service dog is on board.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
And, before someone asks, the small red rectangle is a magnetic placard advising first responders that my ADA mandated service dog is on board.
From a distance it reminds me of the warning signs on aircraft like ā€œremove before flightā€ tags. Fits the theme of the fighter jet gray car well. Car looks great!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I'd thought of screwing in my track recovery tow eye. Nah ! It would ruin the lines of of the car.

GoGoGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
From a distance it reminds me of the warning signs on aircraft like ā€œremove before flightā€ tags. Fits the theme of the fighter jet gray car well. Car looks great!
Might look even better to get one made in a distressed motif looking like it was stenciled on.
4DEFBD88-1CBD-4EF3-A37F-0890B214D106.jpeg

Best way to insure your car interior and the surrounding area is thoroughly search for additional occupants is to put a car seat in there. Unless you are conscious to say ā€œNo.There is not a baby in the car.ā€ They will search high and low looking.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So hereā€™s a reason to order from @Zach@Granger, everybody...

I ordered from a local dealer 3/19. Between 4/6 and today 4/17, I have texted my salesman 3 times asking for a delivery update. He ignored the first 2 and answered the 3rd saying hes been really busy and has to ask the sales manager. I gave him a few days and without an answer I emailed him and the sales manager. Again no answer from either guy so today I called the salesmans cell and desk, no answer. Called the sales manager a few hours ago and left a voicemail, no response. Iā€™m not sure what to do at this point other than go to the dealership and be confrontational but not sure how effective that would be. And no way I want to cancel my order because they agreed to invoice -2%, I wonder if they regret it and are hoping Iā€™ll walk.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

I ordered from a local dealer 3/19. Between 4/6 and today 4/17, I have texted my salesman 3 times asking for a delivery update. He ignored the first 2 and answered the 3rd saying hes been really busy and has to ask the sales manager. I gave him a few days and without an answer I emailed him and the sales manager. Again no answer from either guy so today I called the salesmans cell and desk, no answer. Called the sales manager a few hours ago and left a voicemail, no response. Iā€™m not sure what to do at this point other than go to the dealership and be confrontational but not sure how effective that would be. And no way I want to cancel my order because they agreed to invoice -2%, I wonder if they regret it and are hoping Iā€™ll walk.
How far is the drive? I would go in person and go right into the sales managers office. I assume they have some of your cash already in the form of a deposit? They work for you. Make them earn your money. And if they push you to the point of cancelling you can go with Zach. For reference I think I have a phone call plus roughly 50 emails to Zach through this whole process and they donā€™t go unanswered. He even messaged me back on his day off.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang

I'm sure if you walk in on a weeknight and ask the salesperson about what is going on he can get you an update. I know car sales have been hectic lately and some salespeople aren't the best at following up.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
The sales manager just finally called back and said itā€™s due at his place June 5-11. Geez was that so hard??

Last edited:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Ahhhhhh .................... Here's mine.

PXL_20210416_161454823.jpg
i missed seeing yours by about an hour...found myself in Des Moines late yesterday, and swung by today to check the place out :wink:
Sponsored