Sponsored

Mach 1 (noises/normal)

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I ve had the Mach 1 since last year and now have 800 miles and all is good. A few noises that I am not going to worry about. Zero oil used at this point. So at around 2500 RPM (Only once in while) I hear a little flutter sound I assume from the engine. Very faint. Sound s normal but unique.
Then in reverse the gearing is kinda loud when backing up. Tremec.
Letting the dealer listen is not an option at this point. I avoid them if possible and do my own maintenance .
Other than that car has been fun to drive once in a while. No fit and finish disasters that I could find yet.
Almost broken in. Only 1 or 2 5000 rpm shifts at this point.
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I ve had the Mach 1 since last year and now have 800 miles and all is good. A few noises that I am not going to worry about. Zero oil used at this point. So at around 2500 RPM (Only once in while) I hear a little flutter sound I assume from the engine. Very faint. Sound s normal but unique.
Then in reverse the gearing is kinda loud when backing up. Tremec.
Letting the dealer listen is not an option at this point. I avoid them if possible and do my own maintenance .
Other than that car has been fun to drive once in a while. No fit and finish disasters that I could find yet.
Almost broken in. Only 1 or 2 5000 rpm shifts at this point.
Happily, you're getting into the season there when you can finally bring it out to play! I have over 14K miles on mine now and I can't recall any flutter sounds. Only noise to get used to was one of the cooler pumps when at low speed near something that reflects the sound back at the car, like inside a parking garage or by a sharp and close curb or wall. Mine's an A10, so I also had to get used to the idea of hearing so many shifts!!! (That was very weird at first, coming off a 2015 GT Premium with M6.) Since it is an A10, I have no comment on the reverse sound.
I recommend put the exhaust in sport mode and enjoy the rumble!!

OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, flutter may not be the right word. I think I remember reading that different injectors can make a sound. I wouldn't call it a rattle sound. I ll bet most people won t even hear it. And it s not constant. ????
98% chance it s nothing. engines have sounds, LOL.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I vaguely remember some people commenting on the unique noises of the direct injectors... is that what you're referring to? Most of the cars I've owned for the last 16 years have had direct injection, so I don't think I notice that easily at this point, and my ears probably aren't quite that well trained anyway.

OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I vaguely remember some people commenting on the unique noises of the direct injectors... is that what you're referring to? Most of the cars I've owned for the last 16 years have had direct injection, so I don't think I notice that easily at this point, and my ears probably aren't quite that well trained anyway.
wish I knew, LOL... all good anyway. not stressing over it.
Because it s not steady I doubts it s anything bad.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I have two noises: what sounds like a loose heat shield buzz at high RPM revs, which is just happening recently, and a tapping that seems to be coming from the transmission tunnel when idling. Rhythmic and seems to be associated with engine lope. The buzzing is new, the tapping has happened since day one. 1300 miles on it. Planning to Look at both of those whenever I get around to installing the X pipe.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
wish I knew, LOL... all good anyway. not stressing over it.
Because it s not steady I doubts it s anything bad.
I think I also hear what you’re talking about as the car accelerates in the first few gears. It sounds like air fluttering. It’s a performance car with stuff thrown on it. If it were my GT Premium, I wouldn’t expect it. I think folks today would have a nervous breakdown if the ever heard a 69 427 brand new. :giggle: Talk about tick!

OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I also hear what you’re talking about as the car accelerates in the first few gears. It sounds like air fluttering. It’s a performance car with stuff thrown on it. If it were my GT Premium, I wouldn’t expect it.
YES. It s a "soft" sound but mechanical I think.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I think it’s something to do with the air intake. I just consider that these are modified cars. Factory modified, but still. Anytime you modify a car there’s always a trade off. NVH is usually the first thing that goes to some degree even when they say it doesn’t.

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Tremec is a noisy transmission I've noticed on downshifts coming to a stop. To me, it's a good sound though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Tremec is a noisy transmission I've noticed on downshifts coming to a stop. To me, it's a good sound though.
mine pretty quiet except reverse is more than I ve ever heard in my sticks.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
2500rpm flutter may be the 2k rattle. Plenty to search about but mainly non issue it seems.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
mine pretty quiet except reverse is more than I ve ever heard in my sticks.
Do you rev match downshift coming up to a stop? I don't hear a problematic noise or anything but kind of a whine.

OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you rev match downshift coming up to a stop? I don't hear a problematic noise or anything but kind of a whine.
Yea, I don t mind the normal whine in reverse but it s a deeper whine that I m not use to. Car is on auto rev match.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Yea, I don t mind the normal whine in reverse but it s a deeper whine that I m not use to. Car is on auto rev match.
Does this sound occur at all temperatures? This trans much prefers warm temps, most everyone says it is smoother in operation after it warms up, and it takes a considerable time to get fully warm.
Sponsored